CBS 4 Boston is dumping the Cbs mandate.

sg9018

In my opinion, the new look is horrible... the lower thirds are disgusting (white and periwinkle blue?), the set needs an overhaul and the lack of "4" logo anywhere except for 2 seconds in the abbreviated open bothers me.

If WBZ thinks this will bring the viewers back, once again, they will be sorely disappointed.

Just my .02

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In adition to promoting the heritage of the 'CCO and 'BZ calls, there is another reason that the channel number appears to be deemphasized.....

As of the Analog drop-dead date in February, 2009 both 'CCO and 'BZ will be turing in their analog channel 4 licenses and be broadcasting

on DT channel 32 (for 'CCO), and DT channel 30 (for 'BZ).

IN fact not many tv stations will retain their current analog channel numbers for DT, but that's another thread...

So, why promote a channel number that's not gonna be there in two years?

In adition to promoting the heritage of the 'CCO and 'BZ calls, there is another reason that the channel number appears to be deemphasized.....

As of the Analog drop-dead date in February, 2009 both 'CCO and 'BZ will be turing in their analog channel 4 licenses and be broadcasting

on DT channel 32 (for 'CCO), and DT channel 30 (for 'BZ).

IN fact not many tv stations will retain their current analog channel numbers for DT, but that's another thread...

So, why promote a channel number that's not gonna be there in two years?

Oh, please...I really don't want to go over this again with regards to the analog-digital switch.

Bottom line: you punch in 4 for WBZ right now, and on February 20, 2009, you'll still punch in 4 for WBZ. End of story.

I've noticed that in recent weeks, KDKA has used on screen bug promos during primetime shows using the Interstate font, which is what WBZ is using with it's new graphics. Hmm, a hint of something to come, maybe? I sure hope so...

No. They are just using the CBS font which appears to be Interstate also.

Whoops, you're exactly right. Guess I was just hoping for something that'll never come (at least anytime soon). I doubt KDKA will ditch their current look in lieu for WBZ's new style. Anyone else's thoughts on that?

Archived