News 4 You finally given the heave-ho

NYnewsFan

Well this took long enough. News 4 You is being taken off the schedule and replaced with a newscast anchored by Sue Simmons and Michael Gargiulo starting Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/10/09/2007-10-09_news_4_you_no_longer_for_wnbc.html

It boggles the mind how this newscast remained especially since Live at 5 was replaced with Extra.

Asa really did play an important role in News 4 You, and with him gone it implicated that News 4 You wouldn't last much longer.

Great to have Sue back, but i'm not a big fan of Gargiulo, too bad they couldn't get Jim Rosenfield paried up again with Sue.

Added: I also feel bad for Perri. She could anchor the weekends. She is definitely a better anchor than Melissa Russo (no offense to her, she's better as a reporter).

I don't understand what's gonig on at WNBC. I've been watching since 1989 when I was a freshman in high school. They have always put on a quality newscast. Now, with the NBC 2.0 budget cuts they eliminated the consumer and health reporters, but yet they have money to have 3 male anchors in the evening now? Come on. Only good thing about this nonsense (which most of us on here knew was bound to fail) is the return of Sue Simmons to the 5 o'cklock hour. And yes, we will soon have a full hour of news again on WNBC at 5.

Asa really did play an important role in News 4 You, and with him gone it implicated that News 4 You wouldn't last much longer.

Great to have Sue back, but i'm not a big fan of Gargiulo, too bad they couldn't get Jim Rosenfield paried up again with Sue.

Added: I also feel bad for Perri. She could anchor the weekends. She is definitely a better anchor than Melissa Russo (no offense to her, she's better as a reporter).

Im no fan of Gargiulo either. Hopefully Perri will anchor weekend Sat and Sundays evenings and I would like to see Pat Battle become also the Sunday morning anchor in addition to her anchoring on Sat.

I'm happy about this I thought News 4 You was a waste of time. They should just cancel the entertainment shows all together and put Live at 5 back. If they keep making these changes at 4 they'll be in big trouble. I just question the choice of Micheal, why not David or Rob? I wonder why they picked him?

Why doesn't WNBC just go back to its old formula and try to tough it out until things at the mother network get a little better. How much longer can the network flounder? All the changes are just going to confuse viewers to the point of no return.

Hmm, it seems that WNBC is pulling of a WCBS on us, but at least its not as bad. But I think Perri Should return with Sue like they did before for Live at 5. I prefer if Perri just stayed where she is and have Sue join her. Just like it was before the News 4 You program started. It would be very reminiscent of the old Live at 5 sorta. I believe Perri and Sue do have some sort of Chemistry so they should return again.

Hmm, it seems that WNBC is pulling of a WCBS on us, but at least its not as bad. But I think Perri Should return with Sue like they did before for Live at 5. I prefer if Perri just stayed where she is and have Sue join her. Just like it was before the News 4 You program started. It would be very reminiscent of the old Live at 5 sorta. I believe Perri and Sue do have some sort of Chemistry so they should return again.

I thought I was the only one to notice this. Sue & Perri did have a nice "modjo" going togther. Maybe since they're canning the second episode of Crosswords, they can get a full 5 PM newscast.

Good to have Sue back! I love how Sue is surviving the exodus on WNBC, kinda like Dana Tyler but for a less period of time.

Want to know where the supposed savings of NBC 2.0 ($750 million through 2008) cuts are going to?

NBC Universal buying Oxygen for $925M

SO, is really a great idea to buy up Oxygen for $925 Million? Now, who the axe is going to fall over now that they have bought Oxygen? On Chuck? On Paul Moyer? On all of Telemundo Stations? I want some of what they are smoking.

Article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071009/ap_en_tv/nbc_universal_oxygen

I read they are selling 2 Telemundo stations to finance Oxygen.

The actual purchase price, excluding financial assets, is $875 million, which General Electric unit NBC Uni will finance mostly by selling two independent Telemundo stations, KWHY in Los Angeles and WKAQ in Puerto Rico.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i8c8a475eb7739bd70ad57dfab4302f54

I read they are selling 2 Telemundo stations to finance Oxygen.

The actual purchase price, excluding financial assets, is $875 million, which General Electric unit NBC Uni will finance mostly by selling two independent Telemundo stations, KWHY in Los Angeles and WKAQ in Puerto Rico.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i8c8a475eb7739bd70ad57dfab4302f54

I almost had a heart attack when they announced it on the 11 o clock News on Channel 2. They consider Ch, 2 to be independent because they don't air the crap that the others O&O's air. And they are selling the Telemundo Flagship!!! I just hope NBC spins off Telemundo. This whole matrimony between Telemundo/NBC has been a disaster.

Archived