BOLARIS WATCH!11!!! The Fox 29 Boycott starts now.

Sam Horn

http://tinyurl.com/2cthba

Unless 29 is starting newscasts at 6 and 11 at the same time as this, it looks like Guarino is out.

This move on the 1-to-10 stupidity scale: 42.

ETA: My subject was simply for fun times. 29 has KLH and Krysiuk -- how the hell can you boycott THAT?

ETA2: No, KLH is a bitch. I guess you could boycott that. Subject was still for fun times.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless 29 is starting newscasts at 6 and 11 at the same time as this, it looks like Guarino is out.

ETA: My subject was simply for fun times. 29 has KLH and Krysiuk -- how the hell can you boycott THAT?

ETA2: No, KLH is a bitch. I guess you could boycott that. Subject was still for fun times.

Well now. Maybe Rob will come to 10.

And what do you mean KL's a bitch?

Well now. Maybe Rob will come to 10.

And what do you mean KL's a bitch?

KL is NOT a Bitch

Do you think 29 could have both Bolaris and Guarino?

I mean, would Guarino want to be teamed with Bolairs after all this time as the chief meteorologist, especially given the accuracy of Guarino's forecasts?

No; Guarino's disdain for Bolaris and other meteos of his ilk (forecasting that's marginally accurate for the sake of sensationalism) is epic.

You can't throw something out like "KLH is a bitch" without something to back it up. It's like when you guys post things like "I know this and that, but I'm not going to say." Does it really make you feel better and superior? Are we back in middle school? I could throw any crazy shit out here since it's basically anonymous.

This is a bad move on 29's part in my opinion. Was this move and some of the others (canceling Sports Sunday, regulating KLH to the desk, toning down everything) really necessary? They were doing well before the changes. I think this new dude acted too quick in alot of the changes and didn't really get the pulse of this city and our people. So I guess we can see Robby G. at 10 come February? Hopefully 10 can take this and build their weather personnel and tools.

You can't throw something out like "KLH is a bitch" without something to back it up. It's like when you guys post things like "I know this and that, but I'm not going to say." Does it really make you feel better and superior? Are we back in middle school? I could throw any crazy shit out here since it's basically anonymous.

Lighten up, sir.

It's not life or death.

Ultimately, it's not a big deal at all.

If I alleged KLH to have done something illegal, then you may discuss libel with me, but calling her a bitch is in the scheme of things pittance, especially when the context was good humored and off-handed.

Just thought of this tonight. If 10 really wanted to build their 10 pm newscast, now's the time to do so. If they land Rob, he takes over Doug's time slots. Put him with people like Jade McCarthy, and two solid anchors, give a real deskitized newscast feel, expand it out to an hour, you gain Robby G. loyalists, as well as other viewers and use that to build upon your 11 pm. 10 can really take advantage if they decide to do so and do it right. Anyone agree?

Absolutly with you on that one..They need either ROB or JOHN. Maybe this was the idea..to hold off on john by low balling his salary all the while knowing FOX 29 would pick him up. Then they know they can grab Guarino along with any of his fans. There's gotta be a solution in this matter. Glenn has been out alot lately and i have been seeing more of Dave Warren..Maybe we may see a new Cheif position opening at NBC 10. No way they can do it with 3 salary meteorologists.

Lighten up, sir.

It's not life or death.

Ultimately, it's not a big deal at all.

If I alleged KLH to have done something illegal, then you may discuss libel with me, but calling her a bitch is in the scheme of things pittance, especially when the context was good humored and off-handed.

Strange sense of humor when calling one a bitch is "good humored".

It may not be a big deal to YOU. I know, for a fact, that anchors have read this board. It's bad enough to insult someone behind their back. Doing it in a public forum where the target can read your (unsubstantiated, I'll bet) comments is perhaps even a tad worse. Just because you make your observations on the internet and not in actual spoken conversation does not lessen the fact that what you say may be crude.

You bring down the intelligent discussion, and this board, with your ungentlemenly conduct.

Strange sense of humor when calling one a bitch is "good humored".

It may not be a big deal to YOU. I know, for a fact, that anchors have read this board. It's bad enough to insult someone behind their back. Doing it in a public forum where the target can read your (unsubstantiated, I'll bet) comments is perhaps even a tad worse. Just because you make your observations on the internet and not in actual spoken conversation does not lessen the fact that what you say may be crude.

You bring down the intelligent discussion, and this board, with your ungentlemenly conduct.

Bitch, please.

(See that. I'm willing to bet at least three people laughed there. And trust me, I don't think you're a bitch, but I'm calling you one in a good humored fashion.)

Tell me something, assuming KLH reads this board: do you think she's more hurt by some pseudonymous jackass calling her a bitch but still discussing her by the merits of her skills or by someone like Dan McQuade at Philadelphia Weekly only ever to discuss her tits and ass?

I'm willing to guarantee the latter.

And, sir, I'll bet you didn't know that no claim I make is unsubstantiated.

My favorite: "You bring down the intelligent discussion, and this board, with your ungentlemenly [sic] conduct."

What, are you going to challenge me to a dual now? Paces at noon at Rittenhouse Square, perhaps?

Seriously, now: This is a dumb conversation. I flippantly call her a bitch, and here come the Philly TV Thought Police to give me a what for. Like I said to Jake, BnT, lighten up. I could've said worse; I could have been far cruder. In the grand scheme of things it's really, really pittance.

Bitch, please.

What, are you going to challenge me to a dual now? Paces at noon at Rittenhouse Square, perhaps?

pittance.

This is a dumb conversation, particularly because the word pittance has been used by you more times in one thread than it has in the last 200 years. And the word is "duel," not dual. You seem to be a stickler with your [sic] and all, so I thought you wouldn't mind my pointing that out.

Later, bitches. ;D

Absolutly with you on that one..They need either ROB or JOHN. Maybe this was the idea..to hold off on john by low balling his salary all the while knowing FOX 29 would pick him up. Then they know they can grab Guarino along with any of his fans. There's gotta be a solution in this matter. Glenn has been out alot lately and i have been seeing more of Dave Warren..Maybe we may see a new Cheif position opening at NBC 10. No way they can do it with 3 salary meteorologists.

I'm thinking "Hurricane" is getting some time off. I mean, Dave's really the only one that'll fill in now that Kammerer's gone. I think that the prospects of Rob becoming the next chief @ 10 is good. He's gonna be in a good position. Whenever Glenn decides to retire, Rob'll step in and not miss a beat. Plus he'll be a chief at a major network station. Very nice position to be in.

This is a dumb conversation, particularly because the word pittance has been used by you more times in one thread than it has in the last 200 years. And the word is "duel," not dual. You seem to be a stickler with your [sic] and all, so I thought you wouldn't mind my pointing that out.

Later, bitches. ;D

Ha! Thank you for making me smile, watsgood!

And nice catch on "dual." I typed the post when I first got up this morning -- still, though, no excuse!

I'm thinking "Hurricane" is getting some time off. I mean, Dave's really the only one that'll fill in now that Kammerer's gone. I think that the prospects of Rob becoming the next chief @ 10 is good. He's gonna be in a good position. Whenever Glenn decides to retire, Rob'll step in and not miss a beat. Plus he'll be a chief at a major network station. Very nice position to be in.

Cogent points all. While I agree that logic demands 10 try to pick Rob up, would Rob really want to be at 10? I think that's where this rests now.

And really, even if Guarino and Schwartz end up working together, I think Guarino gets the chief gig right off the bat.

Cogent points all. While I agree that logic demands 10 try to pick Rob up, would Rob really want to be at 10? I think that's where this rests now.

And really, even if Guarino and Schwartz end up working together, I think Guarino gets the chief gig right off the bat.

Thanks Sam. But why would you think Rob'd get the top spot right off? Wouldn't 10 have signed Bolaris to do that and wouldn't that undermine Glenn's popularity? I would love to see Rob take the top spot eventually, but wouldn't it be a "wait your turn" kind of thing?

Thanks Sam. But why would you think Rob'd get the top spot right off? Wouldn't 10 have signed Bolaris to do that and wouldn't that undermine Glenn's popularity? I would love to see Rob take the top spot eventually, but wouldn't it be a "wait your turn" kind of thing?

I'd agree with the whole "wait your turn" bit if Guarino was inexperienced. Plus, Schwartz was already on record as saying he'd take a demotion for Bolaris. I'm something could be worked out contractually that would make a such a demotion for Schwartz just as palatable for him in the event Guarino comes aboard.

It would make sense: Guarino actually has a following, Schwartz doesn't. Guarino would better serve 10 then at 6 and 11 -- not on weekends.

Maybe Schwartz would work 4, 5, and 10 and Guarino 6 and 11? I don't know.

I'd agree with the whole "wait your turn" bit if Guarino was inexperienced. Plus, Schwartz was already on record as saying he'd take a demotion for Bolaris.

He said that because he and John are best of friends.

I'm [sure] something could be worked out contractually that would make a such a demotion for Schwartz just as palatable for him in the event Guarino comes aboard.

It would make sense: Guarino actually has a following, Schwartz doesn't. Guarino would better serve 10 then at 6 and 11 -- not on weekends.

Perhaps we could see a Schwartz-Guarino tag team with a subsequent phase-in of Guarino taking over.

I'd agree with the whole "wait your turn" bit if Guarino was inexperienced. Plus, Schwartz was already on record as saying he'd take a demotion for Bolaris.

He said that because he and John are best of friends.

I'm [sure] something could be worked out contractually that would make a such a demotion for Schwartz just as palatable for him in the event Guarino comes aboard.

Perhaps we could see a Schwartz-Guarino tag team with a subsequent phase-in of Guarino taking over.

Damn, I'm a grammatical disaster today.

Yeah, I know GS and JB are buddies. But like I said: I'm sure NBC could accomodate Schwartz so that he and Guarino would be best buddies, too.

I agree about the tag-team-to-phase-in idea. That'd make the most sense.

Something overlooked though: 10 has 4 meteos -- is Thomas still freelance, or is she officially on staff now? -- meaning all shifts seem to be filled comfortably. So, that said, couldn't they just cut Schwartz loose and bring Guarino on? I mean, there's nothing really keeping them from doing that. Plus that would fit into the NBC 2.0 mold -- i.e., why have two top-bill meteos when it's cheaper to have one?

Damn, I'm a grammatical disaster today.

And didn't think you'd notice my brackets ;D. [/qoute]

Yeah, I know GS and JB are buddies. But like I said: I'm sure NBC could accomodate Schwartz so that he and Guarino would be best buddies, too.

I agree about the tag-team-to-phase-in idea. That'd make the most sense.

Something overlooked though: 10 has 4 meteos -- is Thomas still freelance, or is she officially on staff now? -- meaning all shifts seem to be filled comfortably. So, that said, couldn't they just cut Schwartz loose and bring Guarino on? I mean, there's nothing really keeping them from doing that. Plus that would fit into the NBC 2.0 mold -- i.e., why have two top-bill meteos when it's cheaper to have one?

KT is still freelance. You'll know if/when they have signed her on full time when you see her bio on their site. So technically they gave 3 full timers and 1 freelancer. That being said, 10 has 5 slots, weekday morning, 2 nightside slots (5,10PM and 4,6,11PM), weekend morning, and weekend evening and that would mean they have a slot and a half open.

Archived