WNBC updates NewsRoom

NYNW

[

It looks much more up to date now. By the way what happened to the post about the new ABC7 graphics?

It violated the "Broadcast Trade Secret" Policy. Which i think everyone should go read in the "General Messages from TVNewsTalk.net" board, before people put this site at jeopardy again.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't the newsroom located in the NBC News/MSNBC set now? I know when I was reading about the new NBC News set that WNBC's newsroom was part of it.

Well the actual news set is still located in Rockefeller Plaza, so I don't think it would be wise to have the newsroom located elsewhere unless its a block away, I actually do not know, I would assume that the newsroom would have to be within the same vicinity of the set. So I believe its still seperate from the new NBC/MSNBC studio complex. But that background looks a bit like the NBC Nightly News Background that was previously used before they moved.

I don't really understand this screen capture of the newsroom. Isn't the idea of being in the newsroom to see the action going on behind the anchor and feeling like you're a part of the news gathering process? All I see is a blue wall with peacocks on it. Am I missing something?

Well the actual news set is still located in Rockefeller Plaza, so I don't think it would be wise to have the newsroom located elsewhere unless its a block away, I actually do not know, I would assume that the newsroom would have to be within the same vicinity of the set. So I believe its still seperate from the new NBC/MSNBC studio complex. But that background looks a bit like the NBC Nightly News Background that was previously used before they moved.

I'm not sure what you are talking about Vlad. You do realize that the new NBC/MSNBC studio "complex" is just the third and fourth floors at 30 Rock? Since Channel 4's studio is on the sixth floor, it would not be that long of a walk (or elevator ride) between the floors.

The glass partition on the newsroom cam is there because of construction in the newsroom.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what you are talking about Vlad. You do realize that the new NBC/MSNBC studio "complex" is just the third and fourth floors at 30 Rock? Since Channel 4's studio is on the sixth floor, it would not be that long of a walk (or elevator ride) between the floors.

The glass partition on the newsroom cam is there because of construction in the newsroom.

True enough, WNBC completely redid their newsroom.

Archived