Daily News: Alycia Lane arrested in NYC

WXmanTim

The Philadelphia Daily News' gossip blog has the following item:

And the big story on Eyewitness News is that CBS 3 anchor Alycia Lane is currently locked up in a New York jail cell after being arrested early this morning for allegedly punching a female police officer in the face.

Daily News reporter Regina Medina is reporting exclusively that Lane, 35, was arrested at 2:04 a.m. today at the corner of W. 17th Street and 9th Avenue and later charged with one count of assault witih intent to cause physical injury to an officer, said NYPD spokesman Sgt. Carlos Nieves. The 10th Precinct officer suffered lacerations to her face, Nieves said. Lane was also accompanied by an unidentified male, according to the NYPD report.

Working with Larry Mendte is probably what did Alycia in. She was holding in all this anger and rage,that she just popped. Wonder who that unidentified male was? Cough*Chris Wragge*Cough... ::)

Working with Larry Mendte is probably what did Alycia in. She was holding in all this anger and rage,that she just popped. Wonder who that unidentified male was? Cough*Chris Wragge*Cough... ::)

Sir, they split up, I believe.

Sir, they split up, I believe.

They split up because of her bad press.... She is now dating Booker

Just saw Larry read the story on the news at 6... BRRRRR.

If he and channel three think that they can continue the ratings upswing with Larry going solo at 6&11 they've got something coming to them...

Like Alycia or not she has some sort of *it* factor... even if she is a PR nightmare.

I really think that this story has been exaggerated and I hope that this doesn't have her ruined - she is talented (although maybe sort of crazy)... there is a lot of sensationalism around this story but channel 3 should wait and not cut her loose. remember- innocent until proven guilty

Just saw Larry read the story on the news at 6... BRRRRR.

If he and channel three think that they can continue the ratings upswing with Larry going solo at 6&11 they've got something coming to them...

Like Alycia or not she has some sort of *it* factor... even if she is a PR nightmare.

I really think that this story has been exaggerated and I hope that this doesn't have her ruined - she is talented (although maybe sort of crazy)... there is a lot of sensationalism around this story but channel 3 should wait and not cut her loose. remember- innocent until proven guilty

She has been a scandal IIRC twice for CBS 3. The whole appareance in Dr. Phil and wearing the wedding gown for the news and the pictures.

remember- innocent until proven guilty

Obviously you're thinking of a Court of Law. We're dealing with a Court of Public Opinion. It's instead guilty until... fuck it you're guilty you guilty whore.

Remember, Don't Drink and Anchor.

Why not? It seemed to work fine for Jessica Savitch. What? Low blow?

I agree that thinking the CBS3 ratings upswing is all Larry is crazy. Like it or not, Alycia is hot and she attraction attention. The Dr. Phil stuff was a tie-in with CBS3 airing it, so the station can't bitch about it, same with modelling her wedding gown during Sweeps. It's not like she held a gun to their heads. You want someone chasing publicity, you've got to take the good with the bad.

However, this might be too far. I don't know for sure that they will fire her. I do know that reporting it Monday was probably the happiest minute of his life. And if they do fire Alycia, he will not fly solo perminantly. Hey, Susan Barnett is out there floating around. Just as hot as Alycia and without the baggage. If they start pairing people with Larry over the next couple weeks it spells trouble for Alycia.

I agree that thinking the CBS3 ratings upswing is all Larry is crazy. Like it or not, Alycia is hot and she attraction attention. The Dr. Phil stuff was a tie-in with CBS3 airing it, so the station can't bitch about it, same with modelling her wedding gown during Sweeps. It's not like she held a gun to their heads. You want someone chasing publicity, you've got to take the good with the bad.

However, this might be too far. I don't know for sure that they will fire her. I do know that reporting it Monday was probably the happiest minute of his life. And if they do fire Alycia, he will not fly solo perminantly. Hey, Susan Barnett is out there floating around. Just as hot as Alycia and without the baggage. If they start pairing people with Larry over the next couple weeks it spells trouble for Alycia.

What about Angela Russell or Mary Stoker Smith..

What about Angela Russell or Mary Stoker Smith..

Exactly my thoughts

I agree. I would like to see Susan back in the anchor chair. I like her. If not at 6 and 11, I'll take her at 4. She has a young child, so anchoring at 6 and 11 might not happen. I just want to see her on television more often. I like Angela and Mary. All three of them would make suitable replacements if Alycia gets canned, although I doubt that'll happen.

Is it just me, or could she just be another Terilyn Joe, the big-haired controversial Bay Area newsanchor who disappeared after throwing produce at gardners outside her home in San Francisco. She used to work at KGO and KNTV.

Archived