Don't you just love small-market TV?

jdcnow

That (7)NewsDesk logo at :57 makes them look like a poor-man's WHDH (like from back in the 90s).

[YT]7a50_X80hAc[/YT]

Observation: Somebody needs to take this station in as a charity case, GO, Hothaus, I don't care who, just somebody. Case-in-point: That Top Stories slate at 1:03. I've seen my nephews do better with blank paper and crayon. Just calling it like I see it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That (7)NewsDesk logo at :57 makes them look like a poor-man's WHDH (like from back in the 90s).

[yt]7a50_X80hAc[/yt]

Observation: Somebody needs to take this station in as a charity case, GO, Hothaus, I don't care who, just somebody. Case-in-point: That Top Stories slate at 1:03. I've seen my nephews do better with blank paper and crayon. Just calling it like I see it.

A little overkill with the logo at 2:25?

True, but that's nothing compared to KIEM's stuff:

[yt]OBW3eCADKuA[/yt]

Just wow...it's like a timewarp man. If you go to their website, they have their nightly 6:00pm broadcast posted.

It's bad, just bad.

Whomever their Technical Director is doesn't know what the hell he or she is doing either. Talent should always place their mic on the lapel or side closest to the other talent, in case one of the mics goes out, the other can cover until a replacement is made.

KSWO has not changed graphics, music, or anything since I went to Air Force Tech School at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls in Fall 2000. It feels like deja vu. I have to give my props to the other stations in the market KAUZ and KFDX because they've kept up with the times even if it means stealing two logos from bigger market stations at once (KAUZ).

KSWO has not changed graphics, music, or anything since I went to Air Force Tech School at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls in Fall 2000. It feels like deja vu. I have to give my props to the other stations in the market KAUZ and KFDX because they've kept up with the times even if it means stealing two logos from bigger market stations at once (KAUZ).

I have a friend at KSWO...they all just have better faith in the fine folks in-house, for better, or for worse.

-T

• 3 weeks later...

It's better than what they have now.

What they have now would be GO-esque in a podunk town, but it doesn't hold up in the face of WJAR and WPRI's superior graphics.

The old ones didn't take up as much space on screen and looked less cheap-Regis and Kelly-ripoff, more small-news-operation.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I had to bring this up after two dormant weeks, but this is KSWO's 10PM weekend open. More cheapness.

What i hate is that the full screen graphics are still, no motion in them or nothing, anyways, the graphics suck alot....

Sorry I had to bring this up after two dormant weeks, but this is KSWO's 10PM weekend open. More cheapness.

IMHO, Digital Juice graphics should NEVER be used as a station's image!!!

The occasional element or two is ok. The way these things are sold and the number of stations that use them really cheapens the product. If a rival station has it, they could just as well use the same backdrop for Billy Bob's Used Cars Super Sale commercial (for example).

I believe WMFD in Mansfield, Ohio still uses the same jumpback as in this KSWO clip.

Archived