Don't you just love small-market TV?

jdcnow

That same background was on all 3 stations here in Joplin at one time. It was the background for the headlines open for KODE, it is currently the primary background for the entire "KSN First At 5" graphics package, and it is also currently the squished bottom third of KOAM's split screen graphic. It's sad to see it. Not to mention, its also all over commercials in the area.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KSWO tried there hardest to mock WSVN and WHDH... trying to make the "newsroom set" which has about 4 desks in it.... then with the news music, and the terrible graphics... they need some help by FX and GO, (If they can afford it, probaly not)

• 8 months later...
IMHO, Digital Juice graphics should NEVER be used as a station's image!!!

The occasional element or two is ok. The way these things are sold and the number of stations that use them really cheapens the product. If a rival station has it, they could just as well use the same backdrop for Billy Bob's Used Cars Super Sale commercial (for example).

I believe WMFD in Mansfield, Ohio still uses the same jumpback as in this KSWO clip.

Okay...then again, sorry to bump, but I noticed that in some of their promos, even WWJ-TV blends in a jumpback here and there.

That (7)NewsDesk logo at :57 makes them look like a poor-man's WHDH (like from back in the 90s).

[YT]7a50_X80hAc[/YT]

Observation: Somebody needs to take this station in as a charity case, GO, Hothaus, I don't care who, just somebody. Case-in-point: That Top Stories slate at 1:03. I've seen my nephews do better with blank paper and crayon. Just calling it like I see it.

Other than the stock background, the intro elements didn't look THAT bad. I've seen better, though.

And the circle 7 actually looks a little closer to the "traditional" ABC Circle 7.

Either way, maybe some rich benefactor should probably send a large check to pay for a graphics upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
Well' date=' I gotta say, I live in market 114, Augusta, GA. Our local stations are really keeping up with the times, I won't be surprised if WAGT or WJBF soon makes an HD announcement, especially WJBF being a Media General station and all.[/quote']

Augusta has never acted its market size since its sandwiched in between Top 10 Atlanta, and Top 30 Charlotte. Augusta acts and looks more like a mid 40s market. WJBF 6, will probably be the first to HD still broadcast out of that funky yellow building, as for WAGT 26 highly unlikely, and who knows what WRDW 12 is thinking with it being owned by Grey.

Augusta has never acted its market size since its sandwiched in between Top 10 Atlanta, and Top 30 Charlotte. Augusta acts and looks more like a mid 40s market.

True, true. And conversely, there are some markets in the 40's and 50's that act and look like much smaller markets.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's a Nexstar station, so it obviously sucks. Not as bad as some stations I've seen though.

That's not bad at all! I don't like the music, but it's whatevs...It looks pretty good & the newscast seems smooth.

This is some good stuff coming from WREX in Rockford, IL. (DMA-132):

[yt]v/QVkwIZ-_2BY[/yt]

[yt]v/GPNqW5dvFxQ[/yt]

Archived