Don't you just love small-market TV?

jdcnow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not bad at all! I don't like the music, but it's whatevs...It looks pretty good & the newscast seems smooth.
Well, on some occasions KRBC will do a decent newscast. Most of the time, however, they can't seem to do things right at all.

For instance, reporter shots are almost way too close and are most of the time always off center. Once in a while, their bugs are tapered to their L3s, which looks ridiculous when the L3 fades away.

Maybe I'm just being too particular, I don't know. I'm used to watching KNBC, KABC, KCBS, etc. since I'm originally from that region.

• 4 weeks later...
This is what I actually have to deal with when I wake up.

[video snipped--see above post]

It's a Nexstar station, so it obviously sucks. Not as bad as some stations I've seen though.

The graphics don't suck, but I can't get over the fact that the studio cameras are horribly mismatched.

I'm kind of an engineer type, so I pick up on stuff like that in a heartbeat.

And need I comment on Eric Gordon??

The graphics don't suck, but I can't get over the fact that the studio cameras are horribly mismatched.

I'm kind of an engineer type, so I pick up on stuff like that in a heartbeat.

And need I comment on Eric Gordon??

I didn't say the graphics suck at all. In fact, VDO did a very nice job on them, even if they're just syndicated.

The whole newscast today looks worse than when that clip was recorded. They updated their studio, which looks alright, but everything else is still terrible.

Archived