http://www.livenewscameras.com/

Neilium

http://www.livenewscameras.com/

Thanks for visiting the Beta version of LiveNewsCameras.com!

A group of us here at Fox News Chicago had a big idea - to let you see news the way we see it.

Everyday hundreds of live events take place around the world, and while you only see

a few of them on our newscast - many are available to watch live on the internet as

they are happening...

The idea behind this page is simple - to bring together the resources of Fox and

other broadcasters around the world, and make it easy to find live streaming video to

watch on your computer.

As of today, there are more than 50 channels of live streaming video for you to

watch on this page - that number will certainly grow over time.

You can even preview what is on any given stream just by leaving the site open on

your desktop - many of the thumbnail images will refresh automatically every minute or so.

We've also got a live moderator to help along the process - that's the video window on

the upper left side of the screen.

You can control the volume of the moderator by using the plus and minus buttons

below the video window - you can also control the volume of the content by using the

sliding bar on the main video player in the middle of the screen.

If you have any comments, please let us know - this site is still in beta and we are

looking for feedback from a variety of users on both Mac and Windows platforms.

Ok, that moderator job has to be a DULL job. You'd think they'd just do recorded messages from the moderator, updated periodically.

She's doing other work at the same time..

People must find her interesting. I'm seeing there's an average of 100-110 viewers watching her at a single time.

FOX Chicago has been promoting this site on their newscasts for a few days now.

I'm using Firefox and the mod video and chat are covering all the right-most column of links. Anyone know how I can fix this?

It depends.. With FireFox (or Netscape), you most likely need to have the browser expanded to full screen but this only will work if you have your screen size set large enough (1024 x 768 pixels or higher). You may also need to download the latest version of FireFox if you have an older version of FireFox. Better yet, stick to Internet Explorer which is what the site was meant to be viewed on.

You should have asked the livenewscameras.com moderator while there's a live moderator on. She may just answer your question on the video. They've already answered a number of these tech questions. If they're not able to answer, they'll find someone at the station that can help.

Plus, the website is still in its beta stage. There's a few little things that still need to be worked out.

One of the moderators, Julia I think, mentioned yesterday (2/8) that they are working on fixing the problems that Mac, Netscape, FireFox users are having viewing the site.

They also mentioned that they are looking for more cities' stations' live feeds to join their site. If you work for a TV station in a market that's not already listed there with a feed that wants to join, please contact [email protected]. You don't have to be a FOX O&O/affiliate.

Apparently ANY TV station can join, regardless of market, because WMC/Memphis now has a cam there, even though Fox O&O WHBQ already has a cam.

Yeah, that's something Andy has mentioned a couple times today too. He also mentioned that other national network news (ABC News, CBS News, MSNBC, etc.) can have their feeds added too.

However, this doesn't mean members of TVNT (that don't work for any specific station/network) can go emailing a list of different feeds' URL's to LNC. They actually have to do it through the station.

I know other cities have been interested in moderating. The alternating between cities may become more common. The Chicago moderators would eventually need a break too. Plus, some of Chicago's moderators (Andy Roesgen, Kelly Kraft, Sondra Solarte) are actual reporters so they aren't always available in the newsroom when someone needs a break.

I'm guessing you're the one who asked about WTVT joining in the moderating fun..

Potentially. :withstupid:

I think it'll be interesting if they decide to alternate cities but hopefully they don't alternate too much b/c I like the Chicago moderators, the Milwaukee people (Amy and Cary) aren't that bad either, though there's quite a lot more background noise w/ the Milwaukee mods and that gets a little annoying, but they are in a newsroom I suppose.

WITI's web department is located about 5 feet away from the Assignment Desk. You're hearing the police scanners and people taking phone calls.

Archived