WNBC Shooting Themselves Again

civic110

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6531792.html?q=wnbc

According to B&C, Ellen moves to 4pm. Didn't WNBC already try this? They got killed by Judge Judy and Oprah then and it'll repeat itself...the definition of stupidity. WCBS' Judge Judy ratings are through the roof and Oprah is Oprah.

They move around the newscasts, they move around the anchors, and the shows again. They're taking a page from WCBS' former book.

Any thoughts?

KNTV moved Ellen DeGeneres out of the 4:00pm time slot back in September 2007 when "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" premiered. They moved her back to 4:00 in November after "Crosswords" failed to successfully compete with Oprah.

Putting a boring, dumb game show like "Crosswords" against the Oprah juggernaut is just a bad idea. Ellen is probably the only decent way to counterprogram Oprah besides a newscast.

I thought they had Ellen at 4pm before the news came on prior to this past September. I know Crosswords was later only aired once instead of twice on the 3pm hour. I guess no one in NY likes Crosswords.

Still it's Channel 4's lost. Hopefully they'll get some viewers on down the line.

Ellen isn't doing well at 11 and probably won't do well at 3 (she is doing well, but not winning the hour...)

In the fall they should do this:

7:00: Today

10:00: Today: 4th Hour

11:00: In The Loop with iVillage

12:00: WNBC Noon News (NEW!)

12:30: Extra

1:00: Martha

2:00: Days of Our Lives

3:00: Judge Joe Brown

4:00: Ellen

5:00: Live at 5

6:00: News Channel 4 at 6

6:30: NBC Nightly News

7:00: NY Nightly News

7:30: Access Hollywood

Ellen isn't doing well at 11 and probably won't do well at 3 (she is doing well, but not winning the hour...)

In the fall they should do this:

7:00: Today

10:00: Today: 4th Hour

11:00: In The Loop with iVillage

12:00: WNBC Noon News (NEW!)

12:30: Extra

1:00: Martha

2:00: Days of Our Lives

3:00: Judge Joe Brown

4:00: Ellen

5:00: Live at 5

6:00: News Channel 4 at 6

6:30: NBC Nightly News

7:00: NY Nightly News

7:30: Access Hollywood

Well as the article said, a new show will replace Ellen at 4pm in the fall. Ellen is currently just a temporary fix. I don't think there's a need for a noon news, nor do they have the budget to have one at the current time. I do agree with having a full hour of news at 5pm.

Isn't it sad in a way that WNBC, in market #1, has less news then some stations in markets < 100 ? They obviously aren't much of a "NewsChannel".....

Just because they don't have a noon newscast? Some people seem to think that just b/c they don't air a full hour of news at 5, that it's less news, but it evens out with the 7pm broadcast of NY Nightly News.

I think a noon news would be good for WNBC, but it's not needed, now that I know about In The Loop, I would do Ellen at 11, Bonnie Hunt at 12, and Martha at 1...that is a good flow. It's super funny, to kinda funny and home-maker, to home-maker.

I think a noon news would be good for WNBC, but it's not needed, now that I know about In The Loop, I would do Ellen at 11, Bonnie Hunt at 12, and Martha at 1...that is a good flow. It's super funny, to kinda funny and home-maker, to home-maker.

WNBC was there and done that didn't lived up so the NewsChannel4 at Noon was axed.

Archived