Wragge official to Saturday Early Show

TrfRptr

Said CBS news and sports president Sean McManus, "Chris has done a great job filling in on Saturdays. He's a highly skilled broadcaster and we're pleased to officially welcome him to CBS News."

"...and his Q-ratings with soccer moms was through the roof!" McManus most certainly did not say, but was probably thinking.

I'm with ya SuitSnob, I think Wragge is very good at his job. For a guy to transition from sports to news is great. Inspirational for someone like myself.

I think this move for Wragge on S ES is setting him up for some bigger stuff at CBS News. Who knows, five-ten years down the road he may find himself anchoring M-F on the Early Show or perhaps a correspondents role with the Evening News.

Chris is a talented guy who brings, IMO, stability to CBS2. Not to mention he looks like the world's greatest reader sitting next to Johnson. Seriously, could she stumble anymore?

Chris Wragge has potential. CBS is most likely grooming him to be the co-anchor of the CBS Early Show. As many of you have noted, he's a favorite with the ladies, something that a bald Harry Smith doesn't have. Don't get me wrong Harry Smith is a strong reporter/anchor, but the early show needs to inject some energy into it's show, something Chris Wragge and his former weekend co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez might be able to do.

(And don't even get me STARTED on how great his wardrobe is 77% of the time! If I were only to judge the men of NYC News based on today I would say he is the best-dressed man on-air. I was just blown away-total SuitSnob Stupdefecation! But I don't want to dumb-down this thread by making wardrobe comments, so I will just keep them itallics so they aren't official...)

Archived