Ti-Hua Chang leaving WCBS

NYnewsFan

There was only one sentence mentioning it in the Daily News today. "Ti-Hua Chang is leaving WCBS/Ch. 2 to join WWOR/Ch. 9. He starts March 3.."

I guess he is tired of WCBS or he got a great offer to jump ship. He will be the reporting star of My9 now that's for sure. And the hours will be better. He won't have to report live early weekend mornings like I have seen. Leaving channel 2 for channel 9 says a lot about the state of things at WCBS. But then again maybe they just offered him lots and lots of cash.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/02/22/2008-02-22_inner_tube_the_reality_is_that_cbs_is_in-1.html

Damn it's a damn shame that Ti-Hua is leaving WCBS. Yet another stupid move by the countless that Mr. Dunn and Mr. Friend have done at WCBS. They get rid of all the good anchors/reporters and let Airhead and Highlight be their A Team. Shame On You CBS 2.

Ti-Hua had a pretty good job over at WNBC. He would often report for the 6 & 11pm weekday news. Why he left for WCBS again boggles me.

Wasn't he let go at WNBC in part because the a$$ Howard Stern and his racist remarks that caused Ti-Hua to question back "Do you like matzo ball soup?" after being asked if he liked chinese food. Bad move by WNBC. The new team at WCBS didn't treat him well, as some have noted, he was "demoted" to morning weekends. That is no way to treat a Peabody and Emmy Award winning journalist.

Will things really be better for him at MY9, the poor stepchild of the Fox network? Does anyone even watch their news? I hope they offered him tons of $$$ to take the job - and better hours.

I do, only because they have a good music package, and they have the rundown to tell when certain stories air during the newscast.

Archived