Kathie Lee Gifford to return to morning TV

Sam Horn

Surprised this didn't get posted...

Hoda Kotb, still looking to buy some more vowels for her name, will be paired with Kathie Lee in the Today show's fledgling final hour.

And so the show becomes markedly less tolerable. Your thoughts?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/nbc/kathie_lee_gifford_back_to_the_mornings_81136.asp?c=rss

Surprised this didn't get posted...

Hoda Kotb, still looking to buy some more vowels for her name, will be paired with Kathie Lee in the Today show's fledgling final hour.

And so the show becomes markedly less tolerable. Your thoughts?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/nbc/kathie_lee_gifford_back_to_the_mornings_81136.asp?c=rss

Immensely less tolerable.

Is it just going to be Hoda & Kathie Lee for the 4th hour? Or is it going to be them with Ann & Natalie?

I liked TODAY better when it was 2 hours, and idk...just a news program..remember that???

Apperently some poeple must watch the last 2 hours, or they would take the last 2 hours off the air right? I think affilates should get those 2 hours back, maybe for local news or something.

Also the Today show I've noticed has been repeating stories in the 4 hours. For example Kathy Lee was on with Matt, then on during the 4th hour again, saying she would be on. One time is enough

Also, doesn't next Monday seam like a pretty random date for a new person, is there going to be new graphics, a new theme song (like they did for Meredith) or are they just putting a new person on??

Ugh... I've never been able to stomach even a half-nanosecond of Kathie Lee, from her loud annoying voice, to her incessant bragging about her kids, to the way she handled the sweatshop incident.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe NBC's ultimate goal is to beam us 25 hours of The Today Show each and every day.

I'll never see the reason why the third and fourth hour are necessary.

I can't stand Ann Curry, so this is a swap of one person I can't stand for another.

Natalie Morales is eye candy and is therefore tolerable.

I also remain opposed to the use of the streetside studio. Nothing more attractive than watching an in-depth discussion with some jackbag waving, talking on his/her cell phone and jumping up and down like an ape in the background.

And way too much chit-chit during the show's open. Three minutes of back and forth with one co-host trying to top the other and get in an exit line is irritating. Just say what's coming up in brief and get on with it.

Just another reason to watch GMA.

I was NEVER able to stomach Live with Regis and Kathie Lee...I'm sure not going to watch Kathie Lee and Hoda.

The last 2 hours remind me to much of Later Today...that didn't last long why is this?

Give the time back to the affiliates...

Archived