DTV switch crawls

Ntropolis

KVOA ran the crawls last night during The Tonight Show. I thought it might've been a weather alert or something, but realized it was for the switch for DTV after I started reading it.

KDKA is running a DTV transition note during their AM newscasts. It's the basic information about the date and the website to get the coupons.

WTAE is also running a few commercials during the AM as well. Haven't seen any on WPXI to my memory.

'TKR hasn't been doing cralws, but I've seen PSA-like spots for them constantly.

We recently swithced to Verizon FiOS and they've been droing crawls occasionally in our area.

WPMI has recently begun running a digital TV ticker during syndicated programs "Live with Regis and Kelly" and "The Martha Stewart Show" and the NBC serial "Days of Our Lives". The transparent "DTV" logo spins on the right side of the screen.

WALA doesn't runs such a ticker, but their "sister station" WBPG runs one during the end credits of syndicated programming. On the left end of the ticker is a snowy TV set. It's interesting to note that WBPG is currently not broadcasting in digital, but it was briefly on WALA's digital sub-channel.

I have just discovered that WALA now runs a digital TV ticker like "sister station" WBPG. I guess the public service announcements and the daily DTV reminders on the newscasts are not enough for WALA.

Most of the LA stations now have HD crawls...the rest have promos. All stations except for the FOX duopoly now (or will) produce news in HD.

I don't understand what you're saying... this is about stations running crawls about the switch to digital TV, it has nothing to do with HD.

Archived