Harold Greene and Ann Martin out at CBS2/KCAL9

312newswannabe

Harold and Ann were off the air last night and tonight w/ Paul Magers anchoring the 6pm show on CBS2 solo...their bios are still online, does anyone think they'll come back before they "retire"...Hopefully they'll pop up at another station in town, although I know how unlikely that is...from the daily news...

Harold Greene, Ann Martin depart in CBS newsroom layoffs in L.A. and across the country

By David Kronke, TV Writer

Article Last Updated: 04/01/2008 06:16:21 PM PDT

Sources at Los Angeles television stations KCBS-TV (Channel 2) and KCAL-TV (Channel 9) confirmed that their stations have fallen victim to the same series of newsroom cuts that have affected other CBS owned-and-operated affiliates throughout the country.

Among those departing are Harold Greene and Ann Martin, who co-anchor the KCAL newscast at 4 p.m. and the KCBS newscast at 6 p.m. Both have decided to retire when their contracts expire on June 1. In all, fewer than 20 have lost their jobs at the two local stations.

Reporters Jennifer Sabih and Jennifer Davis also were let go, the Hollywood trade magazine Variety reported.

We might see Harold on Wednesday.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i8fbe0ebdf552a9faad8b17d9a804ad56

Martin and Greene, whose contracts were coming up for renewal, are co-anchors on KCAL's 4 p.m. newscast and KCBS' 6 p.m. newscast. They did not appear on Monday's or Tuesday's telecasts, but Greene was planning to return to work Wednesday. Martin's plans were uncertain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both Harold and An still have their bios on cbs2.com. I checked the KCBS-TV article on Wikipedia, and it says that they are on leave and their futures are up in the air at this point in time. Whatever the situation turns out to be, I hope it gets resolved soon.

Archived