Press release from WNYW: Andy Rosa Adler been named weekend Sports Anchor

The Observer

FOX 5 NAMES ANDY ROSA ADLER WEEKEND SPORTS ANCHOR

NEW YORK— Andy Rosa Adler has been named weekend Sports Anchor for Fox 5 announced Lew Leone, Vice President and General Manager of

WNYW /Fox 5 and WWOR- TV/ My9. Adler assumes her new position effective immediately.

In making the announcement, Leone stated, “Andy’s tremendous talent was evident in her coverage of the Giants Super Bowl run and in her excellent work anchoring the weekend sportscasts for the last several weeks. This is a natural progression for her.”

Adler served as a special sports correspondent during the Giants XLII Super Bowl run and covered high school sports for “My Fox Locker” on Good Day New York and MyFoxNY.com. Before covering sports, Adler was the Web reporter for MYFoxNY.com and an entertainment contributor for Fox 5 and My9 News.

Adler joined Fox 5 from KPSP, the CBS affiliate in Palm Springs, CA where she was the co-host of a daily entertainment show and also served as the entertainment reporter. Previously, she was the West Coast correspondent for the nationally syndicated programs, American Latino Television and LatiNation.

Adler added, “Growing up, sports was an obsession in my family and I have always been very passionate about it. To be a sports anchor in New York is a thrill for me.”

A graduate of Stanford University where she anchored the news on the Stanford Cardinal Broadcasting Network, Adler spent time in New York working for “The David Letterman Show” before returning to the West Coast in 2002 to work in the sports department at KPIX in San Francisco. She began her career as a reporter for KSBW, the NBC affiliate covering California’s central coast from 2003-2005. Following this, Adler reported for nationally syndicated entertainment shows and hosted MPTV’s “What’s Hot in LA.”

WWOR My9 and WNYW FOX 5 are part of the Fox Television Stations,one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 35 stations in 26 markets, covering nearly 45% of U.S. television homes. This includes six duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix and Orlando.

Andy Adler is one of the worst sports anchors I have ever seen In my life. She's a bimbo who has no idea what she has talking about. Fox 5 should have made Carl Reuter the weekend sports anchor.

yeah but the buttom line is that they both suck! Andy is hot, but knows nothing about sports. As for Duke? Or should I say Douce? As in total Douce-Bag! This guy has no clue and has one of the worst, forced deliveries in the history of television. He looks like the guy in 3rd grade that everyone beat up!!!

Archived