Susan Barnett named permanent co-anchor of Eyewitness News at 6 and 11

rtmclaug

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Susan Barnett is now officially Larry Mendte's co-anchor at 6 and 11. I think they made the perfect choice. I loved Susan in the mornings. After all, she's from the area, knows her stuff, and isn't that bad-looking, either. Congrats to her!

and it's also nicer when you consider that not even a year ago, she sure looked like she was on her way out, having lost her morning spot. Agreed, it's nice to see a good reporter/anchor succeeding.

And the ink hasn't even dried, and she's heading up the Papal Visit coverage. She'll be at the even tomorrow, "introducing" (their word, not mine) WCBS' coverage of the visit.

• 3 months later...

It just seems ironic that Susan Barnett, Kerri-Lee Halkett of FOX 29, and Dawn Timmeney of NBC 10 once anchored the morning news at their stations, and were demoted from their morning anchor position. And it seemed like all of them were on their way out of their stations. And look at them now. Dawn is now anchoring NBC 10 News @ 4 PM with DeMentri, Kerri-Lee is the sole anchor of the FOX 29 News @ 5, and Susan is the leading lady at CBS 3, replacing Alycia Lane. For some reason I didn't feel right with her in the morning, but now that she's anchoring Eyewitness News at 6 and 11... it feels right :)

Archived