WLS. HD. It's Here.

KKyuubi

The L3s in recorded video seem a little blurry and jumpy, but everything else seems pretty nice. ;)

I wonder if we'll finally see a new weekend talent open featuring Ravi sometime soon.

Edit: The L3 they just used for Karen Jordan in the studio was also blurry. Did they not make the L3s HD or something?

Well they also changed the mic flags as well having the ABC 7 logo and with the HD. I Can say the graphics is alot glossier. If you see the new weather graphics, they debut their graphics last night. I dont like the fact that they made the time & temp bug a bit bigger but I like the logo turning and having the HD logo shown.

Well they also changed the mic flags as well having the ABC 7 logo and with the HD. I Can say the graphics is alot glossier. If you see the new weather graphics, they debut their graphics last night. I dont like the fact that they made the time & temp bug a bit bigger but I like the logo turning and having the HD logo shown.

Does it sorta animate like the ABC News bug?

Guest zas1977

There's video on abc7chicago.com.

Watch the "Firefighter accused of faking military leave." It includes the modified open.

Does it sorta animate like the ABC News bug?

Yeah, it animates with the same effects that orbit the ABC 7 logo in the opener and at the beginning of the Coming Up teaser.

I might try to cap it tonight at 10, but I can't guarantee it since I've never done it before, and I would have to hook the OTA feed up to my DVD recorder since I get a horrible WLS-DT feed with DirecTV, which is currently hooked up to my DVD recorder.

It's not what I described, but at least they don't shove the HD branding down our throats like KABC and WNBC does, different flags and a bug that animates every few minutes (not as much as the ABC News bug, good!) and mentioning in the intro works fine for me!

Like I said a while back, WLS wasn't going to blow it out of proportion like KABC or most other stations going to HD. The graphics are pretty much the same, now only being in HD format. The music is still the same News Series 2000 Plus. After a while, the old mic flags will eventually come back. It's no real biggie.

Guest zas1977

After watching the 5 o'clock weather forecast on the web, I am really impressed with the fluidity of the graphic transitions. Excellent.

Like I said a while back, WLS wasn't going to blow it out of proportion like KABC or most other stations going to HD. The graphics are pretty much the same, now only being in HD format. The music is still the same News Series 2000 Plus. After a while, the old mic flags will eventually come back. It's no real biggie.

I like that. My kudos to WLS for understated elegance- no claims of "First and Only in High Definition," just a tiny little box that does the trick.

Ron Magers mentioned on Roe Conn's show a few months ago that they re-recorded all the talent shots for the new HD opens because the original talent shots weren't recorded in HD. However, all the city/skyline shots were originally recorded in HD.

WLS has had an opener for the 4:30PM half of their 4:00PM newscast for a couple years now. It originally started back when WBBM had their 4:00PM newscast and WBBM had another opener for the 4:30PM half of their newscast.

Archived