WLS. HD. It's Here.

KKyuubi

Like I said a while back, WLS wasn't going to blow it out of proportion like KABC or most other stations going to HD. The graphics are pretty much the same, now only being in HD format. The music is still the same News Series 2000 Plus. After a while, the old mic flags will eventually come back. It's no real biggie.

I like that. My kudos to WLS for understated elegance- no claims of "First and Only in High Definition," just a tiny little box that does the trick.

I have a feeling that is how WABC will do it as well when they unveil Eyewitness News in HD as well. They won't overemphasize, but viewers will know that it is in HD. They won't go too crazy like KABC does, by redesigning the set and etc. Either way its good to see WLS in HD. Ofcourse WABC should have been the leader in terms of doing everything first (graphics, HD, broadcasts, etc...) but I guess thats not the case.

-Vlad

Somebody should send a memo to the control room to make sure they're using the HD opens. They just used the old talent open for today's 4PM news, and it was stretched out to fill 16:9. Not very good looking at all, especially on a 4:3 TV. I think they also used the old SD open at 4:30 as well.

Archived