New FOX Chicago Weather Promo

lazynetjunkie

There's been some talk around of WFLD's new weather promo. I know there's been some people out there wanting to see it. FOXChicago has uploaded it to youtube for people out of the Chicago market or people who just happen to miss on TV to see. The link:

I personally have to agree with this promo.. From all the years I've been watching Chicago TV news, I have found FOX Chicago to be the most accurate. Yes, even more accurate than WGN.

Here's a link to another WFLD weather promo:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oebE6vSA3VM

This one has been on for a while now.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw an article on the website of the Chicago Sun-Times a few days ago where WFLD paid the website mentioned in their commercial to call their forecasts "the most accurate." Surely, not the brightest move. What do you guys think?

WFLD paid for the "opportunity to license the WeatheRate Seal of Approval" for advertising and in this case, promotional purposes. According to the WeatheRate site, the fee paid by a tv station is used to cover various administative cost and some type of disaster fund.

That said, it would appear that WFLD chose to pay for this "license", which since 2003 according to the site, has been offered to the most accurate station in the market. I can't really knock them for paying for this given that they have to do what they can to stand out from the rest. I do however understand how this may sound/look a little shady.

Archived