Lynda Baquero/Jeff Rossen

JWERTHE

Aww this sucks...

Jeff Rossen and Lynda Baquero were two powerful names in this market. I've grown highly accustomed to both of them and I really liked their styles of reporting and anchoring. Jeff was perhaps one of WABC's Top 3 reporters, in my opinion and I always liked his charismatic approach that he added tot he stories making them interesting for the viewers. He always seemed like he had a lot of fun doing what he did. And thats what made him fun to watch, not to mention how great of a anchor he was as well. It's very unfortunate to see Jeff Rossen go. I believe he is a better anchor than Phil Lipoff is and should've been on that chair alongside with Michelle Charlesworth. As for Lynda Baquero, another powerful name at WNBC. She always had a nice kindness approach to her stories. I think it just sucks to see both of these two greats leave. Lynda should remain with WNBC and perhaps they can provide her a position for the new 24 hour channel that they are planning on launching...

Wasn't Rossen one of the final contenders for the weekday morning spot that went to Ken Rosato? So was Lipof, but at least he got the weekend gig. I bet Rossen's moving to someplace where he can anchor...

My guess is Lynda will move to WNYW, thus Dari can be axed, finally. I don't think she's as strong as an anchor as she is as a reporter. Doctor is WNYW, and she does have a habit of taking people from WNBC.

Archived