Anyone catch a new weather slide on EWNabc7 last night?

commentator12

Has anyone seen Eyewitness News last night? (Thursday). A slide with NEW weather graphics popped up when they were showing the forecast.

It looks like it was aired accidently or as a test but immediatley faded into the current format they use. It was really nice and looked like the format they used to use on thier L3s in the late 90s.

Could this graphic slide be something new coming up soon?

It showed a white background with the blue and red line with new "TOMORROW'' headline in a Helvetica type condensed font. The temperature reading was in the same Helvetica type font but very thin. The circle 7 had a silver gradient look with the blue inside the 7. Big difference from what they have now. Has anyone taped or "tivoed" it?

WABC will be getting "new" graphics by Giant Octopus, at least that is what my source told me.

Wow. That makes three clients in New York. I guess WABC likes what WCBS and WPIX has.

I did catch that slide as well when watching it last thursday. And it was definitely the new graphics that IceMan had posted up there, it was definitely a sign of things to come, and I think its a complete improvement, 100%. The large fonts and all the other stuff can easilly be re-worked and fixed. So New York now has 3 Giant Octopus Stations, lol. WCBS, being the best one of course, CW11 and now WABC. I still think CW11 and WCBS's are better than WABC, only because they have better looking lower thirds and a much better font, but again, those can easilly be re-worked into something smaller and nicer looking, I hope...

Archived