The Early Show Refreshes ..... AGAIN

clind

Well, as reported by TVNewser, it appears The Early Show is likely to go through yet another refresh for their look. Maybe I'm crazy, but wasn't it just in February when the last look launched? Um, can anyone say pointless! Your thoughts?

Well, the look in February was masterminded by Shelley Ross, who basically had a spectacular flameout at that position. It makes sense that they're trying to distance themselves from that look. (And if they dump that god awful remix of the James Horner theme, that's fine with me!)

I think I'm in the minority in liking the techno theme.

No. I like the theme, but it alone can't carry the show. CBS has even admitted that, of sorts, by continuing to use bits and pieces of the old "Startin' up a Brand New Day" theme for rejoins and bumpouts.

I was not a fan of the new look when it launched-- it was better than the post- Evening News makeover, but not quite as cohesive as the old yellow and white package. And some elements were still shared between all three-- like the scrolling text on the side of most slates.

The present look was radical, I think, but too cold. And despite the change in the logo's typeface, the lowers still remained Akzidenz Grotesk. Light Extended cannot carry those chunky lowers in the least. I would have gone for one of the bold versions on top...

Anyway, let's hope some of the NBC pizazz can perk up TES. I already like this logo, which reminds me of both the very first Early Show logo (the left half of the eye featured in that, the top half here...) and the sun-thing in Today's logo.

The only reason I watch anyway is for KDKA's cut-ins.

I saw the new graphics today... don't hold your breath for anything too spectacular. They're a HUGE step backwards from what they're using now, and the animations that they sent as samples were really clunky. Also, from the samples provided, the music is not changing from the remixed Horner theme.

I don't like the new graphics at all. I am a fan of the present look and music. I think the look fits the music. I also am a fan of the techno theme. I'd hate to see them drop their current look.

The Hip-Hop version of the CBS News music? Awwll HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW!!! And the new logo looks more uglier than the other one. Well. when you change once, you'll change too many times. And that's really a turn off towards more viewers. Not a good improvement for TES.

The Hip-Hop version of the CBS News music? Awwll HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW!!!

It's not really hip-hop sounding... the old was was more grungy. They remixed it with those lighter instruments sometime during the look they just dumped.

Wow, that looked terrible! Seems a little too newsy in the intro, not to mention clunky, as the whole look appears, but overall YIKES! Anyhow, another relaunch is probably coming in six months once they get tired of another key person and have virtual no increase in ratings.

The new "Early Show" logo reminds me of "Today's" sun logo.

It is meant to. The set refresh (white on white with a little bit of wood grain in lieu of orange) was, so why the new new logo.

As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

How much you wanna bet Katie ends up there next?

The clip in the beginning with Judge Judy is funny. The music is okay. I can remember the old music they once had that would really put people to sleep. But again with the graphics, couldn't they be original instead of copying NBC?

Archived