CW11 and Fire Alarms

username23

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but it seems like every day except Wednesday the fire alarms at PIX have gone off during the morning show, is it just me or would you think someone would come up with a plan to at least try to muffle the sirens should it go off during the show.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but it seems like every day except Wednesday the fire alarms at PIX have gone off during the morning show, is it just me or would you think someone would come up with a plan to at least try to muffle the sirens should it go off during the show.

If it happens at the same time, what time would you say it usually occurs?

Fire codes are one thing, but studios typically install the sirens so that in the event of an emergency it does not interfere with a live broadcast, but still alert people to danger. Exception to WNBC, which installed the sirens right where the anchors sit. FOX News, for example installed the sirens so the floor director and producers know about an emergency, but it does not interfere with anchors talking (again exception being with the newsroom shots, since it is in the newsroom).

And there has been no set time it goes off, which makes me think its not a planned thing. It's typically been after 7am.

Fire codes are one thing, but studios typically install the sirens so that in the event of an emergency it does not interfere with a live broadcast, but still alert people to danger. Exception to WNBC, which installed the sirens right where the anchors sit. FOX News, for example installed the sirens so the floor director and producers know about an emergency, but it does not interfere with anchors talking (again exception being with the newsroom shots, since it is in the newsroom).

And there has been no set time it goes off, which makes me think its not a planned thing. It's typically been after 7am.

Hmm, in that case then its probably just experiencing technical difficulties...

I've seen clips on YouTube of fire alarms going off during the newscasts, the one that sticks out in my mind the most is one with WNBC. Probably just technical difficulties. But, hopefully WPIX is doing something about it, 'cause it is probably getting annoying with the anchors trying to do the news.

I used to work in the Daily News building where PIX is located from 99-05. The building had been undergoing renovations during that time, and I recall fire alarms and drill occuring frequently. I know the renos are done now, but I guess they are still drilling a lot more frequently than my current office building.

They almost set off the alarm this morning during the cooking segment, Sukanya was at the kitchen and it looked like this piece of wood almost caught on fire. It started smoking and everything, she caught it and threw it in the sink just in time.

Archived