Here's a shocker: Don Tollefson fired!

FJ2000

Dan Gross reported today that Don Tollefson's contract was not renewed after a few disputes with management while he was on medical leave after his car crash. One such argument was over Dave Huddleston's send off. He apparently showed up to the station because he wanted to be a part of it. Also, they resented his continued work with his local charities while he stayed off the air.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/20080618_Dan_Gross__Tolly_s_contract_not_renewed.html

As for my own two cents, this is just unethical. Letting Rob Guarino for John Bolaris was strike one. During the storm-of-the-century-gate, Rob was the only one who never overhyped that storm. Strike two was showing Dave Huddleston the door. Dave was a great personality and meshed well with all of his colleagues. This is strike three. I'm done with Fox 29. If their strategy to boost their news program is to dump well-known personalities who are synonymous with the station, it's a big mistake.

Dan Gross reported today that Don Tollefson's contract was not renewed after a few disputes with management while he was on medical leave after his car crash. One such argument was over Dave Huddleston's send off. He apparently showed up to the station because he wanted to be a part of it. Also, they resented his continued work with his local charities while he stayed off the air.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/20080618_Dan_Gross__Tolly_s_contract_not_renewed.html

As for my own two cents, this is just unethical. Letting Rob Guarino for John Bolaris was strike one. During the storm-of-the-century-gate, Rob was the only one who never overhyped that storm. Strike two was showing Dave Huddleston the door. Dave was a great personality and meshed well with all of his colleagues. This is strike three. I'm done with Fox 29. If their strategy to boost their news program is to dump well-known personalities who are synonymous with the station, it's a big mistake.

STUPID STUPID STUPID MOVE!!! If I were another station in town, I'd be loving the free agent crop that's now here.

Wow!!! If only WCAU would jump on Guarino, Tolly, and Huddleston they would turn their news operation right around but of course NBC won't spend crap until they sell WTVJ and WVIT.

With the way local TV sports is going I can only see Tolly going to WIP radio or Comcast Sports Net. But I would take Tolly over Beasley Reece or Vai Sikahema anyday.

7 words:

Are you out of your F-in' minds?

What does FOX 29 think they are doing? First Guarino, now this? Do they WANT to be in last place? This makes me sick. Hopefully, they'll put together a package for his farewell. He doesn't deserve this one bit. Hopefully, someone else (i.e. CBS 3 or even 6 ABC) will snatch him up. He doesn't deserve this at all.

As much as I agree that 29 is seemingly off their bird for letting all these people go, we all need to settle down and seriously ponder something: if these people are all so, so balls, why hasn't any station in town approached any of them?

Just sayin'.

As much as I agree that 29 is seemingly off their bird for letting all these people go, we all need to settle down and seriously ponder something: if these people are all so, so balls, why hasn't any station in town approached any of them?

Just sayin'.

It's easy to see why they haven't been picked up by another station.

KYW is in the middle of scandal and controversy with it's main anchor.

WPVI doesn't employ other stations castoffs. Or in Tolly's case, rehire them.

WCAU/WPHL is in a money crunch right now.

CN8 who knows what Comcast does now with their once good cable network.

Archived