San Diego News

tvtime07

10NEWS has this new morning promo saying "A smarter way to start your day" coming in August or something.. Are they revamping it? Any word?

Could be the launch of their HD newscasts. Supposedly, their control room is ready to go. I'm assuming that they still have to work on the lighting in the studio, which is just terrible, and maybe the studio cameras which really suck. Or they could have a "new" morning team in August. Who knows, It will be interesting because the morning anchor pro-tem Evy Ramos is pregnant and it looks like she is going to pop any day. So she probably will end up going on maternity leave any day now. Bring Lisa Lake back!

http://sdsporting.blogspot.com/2008/07/troy-hirsch-new-fox-5-san-diego-sports.html

Troy Hirsch will be the sports anchor for KSWB's new 10PM newscast in HD. Still don't know who is the 10 PM meteorologist.

I think that Troy might be the only Sports personality at KSWB. I read in the U-T a few weeks ago that FOX 5 ND Rich Goldner said that the Ten PM newscast will NOT have a regular sportscast. Instead sports will be done only if it is needed. He mentioned that Hirsch will be used in other capacities aside from Sports. I'm guessing some G.A. reporting and Sports when it is needed. I think that Goldner also mentioned something about sports on Sunday's. I am not sure if it a Sunday sports show. The funny thing though, is that XETV will have a 5 minute sportscast at 11pm. Go figure.

I think that Troy might be the only Sports personality at KSWB. I read in the U-T a few weeks ago that FOX 5 ND Rich Goldner said that the Ten PM newscast will NOT have a regular sportscast. Instead sports will be done only if it is needed. He mentioned that Hirsch will be used in other capacities aside from Sports. I'm guessing some G.A. reporting and Sports when it is needed. I think that Goldner also mentioned something about sports on Sunday's. I am not sure if it a Sunday sports show. The funny thing though' date=' is that XETV will have a 5 minute sportscast at 11pm. Go figure.[/quote']

Rich Goldner does not believe in local news doing sports on a regular basis, which is why XETV is going to go a bit heavier on it, sort of a jab at KSWB. Hirsch likely has some time remaining on his contract and will stick around until the end, unless he is willing to do GA. Most sportos aren't big newsies.

Rich Goldner does not believe in local news doing sports on a regular basis, which is why XETV is going to go a bit heavier on it, sort of a jab at KSWB. Hirsch likely has some time remaining on his contract and will stick around until the end, unless he is willing to do GA. Most sportos aren't big newsies.

I don't think that he was under contract for the past few years. I think that his contract ended when KSWB shut down its in-house news operations back in 2005. He was freelancing at KNSD doing G.A. reporting and was pretty good at it. Troy has also done some freelance at KSWB, he would sub in for Perette Godwin (morning news cut-in anchor) whenever she was out.

ony a few more days. KSWB will debut HD and hopefully 1ONEWS as well? i really think they need to change the blue color lighting on its set during the evenings. its way to strong on the tv screen.

get those DVR's and TiVo's ready!!!

TVWeek has a great article about the two stations promoting heavily their affiliation switches.

Great find, a very interesting article. On a side note, what the hell is street level reporting? Is that a sugar coated word for one-man bands?

Great find' date=' a very interesting article. On a side note, what the hell is street level reporting? Is that a sugar coated word for one-man bands?[/quote']

Maybe all the field segments are HD instead of using their SD field cameras.

Maybe all the field segments are HD instead of using their SD field cameras.

Reporting...not camera types. I think it might be OMB based on the fact that the rumor has been circulating for a while that KSWB was going have some OMB's. Also, it looks like there will be a sports show indeed. I checked zap2it.com and it has the show airing every Saturday and Sunday at 10:45PM. It is called FOX 5 News Game On and it is hosted by Troy Hirsch.

I see a whole load of network reschedulings on Channel 6, based on what I've read from their lineup on their website. For example, the (3-5pm) CW Daytime line-up will be aired at 3am-5am before their Morning News. Also the first two hours of the CW4Kids line up will follow the Central Feed from 5-7am PT. The 7am will have the Saturday Morning News and 9am-12pm will follow the regular CW4Kids lineup.

I strongly think it's a good thing on the stations part but does the network execs have anything to say about their lineup?

Only 3 more days until the affiliation switch happens. All the promos are in SD since both networks use different HD formats. Now they have changed the promos to Friday. Even Time Warner is putting the info on the website. I seriously think KSWB will retain it's call sign. No real reason to change it to KFSD. Fox 5 has cranked out a few new promos. The intro music for the news broadcast is the Fox O&O music. It looks like Tribune wants to make it more like an O&O affiliate rather than a non O&O.

On the XETV set they covered up the Fox 6 news logo. It looks like they are just doing revisions for it. No plans for HD news which might not be for a while. So they are probably refreshing the graphics and other stuff for San Diego 6.

yeah it looks tacky seeing a white light box on the desk. they got rid of the glass fox 6 on the wall weeks ago and at the same time, got new flat screen computer monitors on the side where they do last minute weather touch ups. its just so random and wierd seeing all those tv monitors on the side of the set with a plain blue animated background

On the XETV set they covered up the Fox 6 news logo. It looks like they are just doing revisions for it. No plans for HD news which might not be for a while. So they are probably refreshing the graphics and other stuff for San Diego 6.

I emailed XETV's GM yesterday and he said that the set will primarily stay the same, with some tweaks in it. Meaning that they will just add the new San Diego 6 logo. They have no other choice but to get a new graphics package. Just check out the indie music pack sampler on Stephen Arnold's website, and towards the end of the video there is a preview of the new San Diego 6 open.

I emailed XETV's GM yesterday and he said that the set will primarily stay the same' date=' with some tweaks in it. Meaning that they will just add the new San Diego 6 logo. They have no other choice but to get a new graphics package. Just check out the indie music pack sampler on Stephen Arnold's website, and towards the end of the video there is a preview of the new San Diego 6 open.[/quote']

Yeah that video was there before XETV announce officially that they'll be "San Diego 6". I wonder if they'll actually use that package this Friday.

XETV will probably be doing their newscasts from the newsroom on Thursday' date=' seeing as they have plenty of work to do on the set.[/quote']

I hope they get a new backdrop. they should have kept the old one. it went very well with the set. the buildings are way too small on the current one that they changed a year ago.

but ugh, i wonder how their newsvans will look. the current ones really stand out. im gonna miss the fox6 vans

fox6-tm.jpg.40a012f2b09c8b0e451f4b6cba6121df.jpg

10NEWS has this new morning promo saying "A smarter way to start your day" coming in August or something.. Are they revamping it? Any word?

Well, word around the tvspy watercooler is that KGTV will revamp its morning news. They will have three anchors, Bill Griffith, Evy Ramos and Kerstin Lindquist. James Quiñones will move to the evening and do weather for the 7 and 11pm newscasts. Loren Nancarrow will do weather from 11am-6pm shows. Brooke Landau, the traffic babe will continue to do her duties as usual. I believe that Evy Ramos or Kerstin Lindquist will do weather. Some stupid moves on KGTV's part, but I'm hearing that they are doing this in order to compete with FOX 5. I bet that this format will not last long. This is most likely why the new promos saying "a new way to start your day" are popping up. It all starts Monday August 4th.

Archived