Conservative Commentator Tony Snow dies at age 53

NewsJunkie247

Fox News is reporting that Tony Snow, former Press Secretary and conservative commentator, has died at the age of 53 of colon cancer. Snow, who was the Press Secretary to President Bush from May 2006 to September 2007, previously worked for Fox News and later CNN.

And yet again, a TV icon slips away. I loved Tony Snow, as an anchor for FOX and as the Press Secretary. He did both jobs right and always came over as a sweet person. He fought hard against cancer but lost. He is in a better place right now.

My condolences to his family, Tony was a great and strong man.

He will be remembered.

Didn't like him politically but I'm sure he was a nice guy.

Agreed. Even though I didn't agree with him, He was a much better press secretary than Dana Perino. She's the worst I've ever seen...

Oh yeah, she's a dumb airhead bitch..

It's really shocking how some of you use this great man's death to bash the White House or Conservative/Traditionalist points of view.... disgraceful.

I was just floored when I learned of his death after channel-surfing yesterday morning. My memories of him went back to his days as Rush's top fill-in.

I just noticed in a story recently that he had worked around the Hampton Roads area as the editor of the editorial page for the Daily Press in Newport News.

In other words, do me a favor and take the stick out of your butt.

I thought you are the one around here who actually likes doing that...

People who cheer for Ted Kennedy having a brain tumor would be just as insane as you are.

Let us stop with this kinda crap for G-d's sake... not in this thread.

Well you could be the better person here and try not to bring politics into everything...

I didn't see any "traditionalists" celebrating Kennedy's tumor on this site.

But once again, everyone else is wrong, Chris is right, or so it seems.

R.I.P. Mr Snow.

Here in D-Town ("The D" for short,) Tony Snow worked as a columnist of The Detroit News from 1993-2000, but before that, he was also deputy editorial page editor from 1984-1987.

Rest In Peace, Tony. You served Washington DC and America well

Tony Snow 1955-2008

• 2 weeks later...

While I didn't agree with his politics, he did indeed seem like an amazing man. To have survived cancer once, then to have to fight it again, no one should have to go through that. May his family and friends move on as best as they can.

Archived