KHCW is now known as the KIAH

bhratbrat

Well tonight was the changeover. This is the 4th set of calls for 39, 3rd in like the past 10 years. I guess its easy to change calls?

Weren't they planning on changing their news brand to 39 News @ 9? They still have the CW next to the 39 on their news logo. But from a video I saw from the website, I did see an anchor with a 39 display on all four sides on his mic flag. Are those new mic flags? Or did they already had those prior to the call letter change?

Back in 2006 when stations were changing their calls left and right to reflect their affiliation with either the CW or MNTV[1], I wondered how many of them would ultimately come to regret doing that. I guess we're starting to find out.

[1] And many of them didn't have calls reflecting their WB or UPN affiliations, I might add.

Archived