Oympic Zone

Bucc

Here is WPMI's logo, which appears during syndicated programming:

wpmi.jpg

The website address is really out of place here, but it doesn't appear on the station. I still prefer to type "www.wpmi.com" when visiting their website. They really like to emphasize their on-air branding over the call letters nowadays. Same goes for WALA, which was an NBC affiliate for the Games in 1988 (Seoul, South Korea) and 1992 (Barcelona, Spain).

Here are a few from Pennsylvania:

wicu.jpg

WICU-TV - Erie

wpxi.jpg

WPXI-TV - Pittsburgh

wbre.jpg

WBRE-TV - Scranton/Wilkes Barre

And a couple from New York and Florida:

wgrz.jpg

WGRZ-TV - Buffalo

whec.jpg

WHEC-TV - Rochester

wtvj.jpg

WTVJ-TV - Miami

wPTV.jpg

WPTV - West Palm Beach

wfla.jpg

WFLA-TV - Tampa

witn.jpg

wect.jpg

wmbf.jpg

I wasn't meaning to do all of them. But thanks anyway. I'll go edit my post to prevent further misleading.

And here's some of the logos from the Midwest:

WMAQ: wmaq.jpg

WDIV: wdiv.jpg

KARE: kare.jpg

WTMJ: wtmj.jpg

WGBA: wgba.jpg

WHO: who.jpg

In addition to the 6pm newscast M-F and the Olympic Zone at 6:30pm, McNamara and Tedesco also anchored the late news (times varied and were usually after 11pm) every single night for two weeks straight.

anchors.jpg

Looks like they're doing it again this time. Tom McNamara and Kristi Tedesco are anchoring the Sunday 11pm newscast, even though there wasn't an Olympic Zone show on tonight. What's odd is that the regular weekend team anchored the 5:30pm newscast yesterday and today, but at 11pm both days it's McNamara and Tedesco front-and-center with the weekend team in the field for the 11pm newscast. What's worth noting is that the main anchor team looks tired as hell, and it's only Day 3 of the Olympics. I can only imagine what they'll look like after Day 16.... probably need some stronger HD makeup. How in the world can anyone work for 16 days straight?!?

WNBC, WCAU, KSDK, are running it. WPXI doesn't seem to be. Maybe because of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. KSHB isn't showing it either because it would preempt Wheel of Fortune.

It does sound like it is a national program. But it also sounds like NBC is giving the affiliates flexibility on whether to air it or not.

I kind of figured that. I can't imagine the local affiliates putting on extra coverage of the Olympics on their own for 30 minutes every day.

KPRC's showing of the Olympic Zone preempts Entertainment Tonight. However, they moved ET to overnight at 4:30am.

BTW, do any of the NBC stations reschedule their shows they preempt for the Olympic Zone?

BTW, do any of the NBC stations reschedule their shows they preempt for the Olympic Zone?

Ours only pre-empts Friends, so that's a no. They shouldn't be preempting any important shows seeing as its on at 7:30pm, when there's just syndication, normally, of some description.

I am mad that our station has been preempting meet the press Sunday mornings, and they didn't re air it:(

Ours only pre-empts Friends, so that's a no. They shouldn't be preempting any important shows seeing as its on at 7:30pm, when there's just syndication, normally, of some description.

I am mad that our station has been preempting meet the press Sunday mornings, and they didn't re air it:(

Uh, MTP is on MSNBC at 10p/1a Sunday nights.

WHDH has been broadcasting Extra on a one day delay at 2PM instead of its regular 7:30 time slot. They've also preempted the weekend addition of Access Hollywood for the Olympic Zone. They also have preempted the weekend edition of the Today Show to carry Qubo & Local News but they do it a lot even when there isn't Olympics. They also haven't been carrying the 9-10AM hour of Today to broadcast Regis & Kelly.

WJAR has been preempting Access Hollywood in favor of the Olympic Zone. They have also preempted Regis & Kelly completely.

Both are carrying Meet the Press as normal.

Uh' date=' MTP is on MSNBC at 10p/1a Sunday nights.[/quote']

I didn't know that, thank you.

It's odd last Saturday we had the Olympic Zone, eliminating the hour Entertainment Tonight. Then this past Saturday it said there was suppose to be an Olympic Zone but there was a paid programing instead.

Wondered what that was about??

WPMI last aired "Entertainment Tonight" at 6:00 PM on the Saturday after the Games' opening ceremony. Since last Monday the program has been pre-empted at 6:30 PM by "The Olympic Zone", which begins seamlessly after the newscast. The station usually re-airs "Entertainment Tonight" at 1:05 AM, but the network's late night coverage of the Games has put that on hold.

Archived