Larry Admits to having a relationship with Alycia Lane

FJ2000

It unfolded live on Fox 29's five o'clock news when he issued a statement on his trial. No other Philadelphia station covered it. In the statement, he made accusations that she had a relationship with the GM of KYW, and that she made his work-life miserable and refused to stop. He announced his intention to cease the public feud with Alycia.

This was well-timed so he could drop this bombshell and put a spin that he's the victim in the matter. I should say that this rumor of them having an affair has been known by some union heads, as it was part of Larry's side of the story when he was fired. I had wondered if this detail would finally emerge. I'm surprised that this component to the story wasn't discussed in a gossip column. I'm absolutely shocked at the rapid developments of this saga. Now, this makes it much worse.

Actually, NBC 10 covered part of Mendte's press conference live, particularly the one where he admitted that he had a relationship with Alycia Lane and how the relationship turned for the worse. When the story finally broke out that Mendte had been looking at Lane's emails, people thought that Lane was the victim, in which she is... and that she should get her job back at CBS 3... and I agree. However, I think too many things has already happened between Lane and Mendte that CBS 3 should start out from scratch. I think as of now, the name of Eyewitness News in Philadelphia is tainted. But I'm sure that that won't be the case 5-10 years from now... If only NBC 10 had fought harder to keep Mendte there five years ago, then Mendte wouldn't have been a criminal and NBC 10 would have been competing for # 1 (lol...)... I bet you guys that the GM and News Director of CBS 3 are now kicking themselves... from being the most recognized and acclaimed newscast... to... now... Philly anchors have got to stop being THE news. Too much has happened already for Lane or Mendte to stay in the Philly market.

Except for that part where Lane called a female cop a dyke...

Well I overlooked that one though... but that's why I kept saying earlier that too much has happened for either anchor to stay in the Philly market.

Archived