Best local news logo...

Neilium

So we have had a lot of talk about some crap logos on here. What is the best logo in your market and why. What are some other stations logos you like.

KUTV is my local.

WRAL is a good overall one.

2008-kutv-news-logo-reduced.jpg.54b0c4a7e62e725ace9b7c3829a78b6d.jpg

WRAL.jpg.2ac164e605dc0851b6bf2381e9c93375.jpg

I've always liked WKYC. It's modern, high end created in Maya, yet simple.

I know WMAZ was in the worst logo post, check out their new logo.

Nothing has really changed with the WMAZ logo. Just that they place that oval ring around it to make it modern. I actually liked the logo (even prior to the oval ring).

Yea Dean did a good job with that one. it's very Iconic in the market and they didn't want to loose that. I don't know what I think of the Heart but the ring goes with their new look in a way the purple square wouldn't have.

Don't really have a say here in New York since everything is all Flagship, Generic, and Owned and Operated by the Networks... But the Circle Seven is perhaps the most recognized, and distinctive of them all here in New York in my opinion. So that is my favorite! :awesome:.

TP-WABC7b.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_7_logo

Don't really have a say here in New York since everything is all Flagship, Generic, and Owned and Operated by the Networks... But the Circle Seven is perhaps the most recognized, and distinctive of them all here in New York in my opinion.

Can I get an Amen?! The same boat is in the Chi as well.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as older logos go locally, I prefer the "2" from KWGN's early WB days:

KWGN.gif

and in the newer logo department, I'd say I like KCNC's logo (the "4" in it is descended from the 4 from the Peacock days):

kcnc_denver_ch4.jpg

and nationally, it's hard to choose but I'm partial to KXAS's pre-O&O logo:

txnewsteamch5.JPG

The italic version they use now doesn't work for me. And what bugs me is that the peacock is on the left side; there's a very specific formula they got down (channel number and peacock on the right); go back to that!

...and nationally, it's hard to choose but I'm partial to KXAS's pre-O&O logo:

The italic version they use now doesn't work for me. And what bugs me is that the peacock is on the left side; there's a very specific formula they got down (

); go back to that!

I agree with you, but (just my $0.02) ever since it became a network O&O, KXAS has basically been a lost cause.

Archived