Chiller Theatre is back on ch11!

commentator12

Channel 11 is bringing back the Chiller Theatre event this Saturday at 8pm. This is awesome. The "Chiller" mystery movie opening brings back alot of wonderful memories from this legendary station. It looks like it might be a temporary event for Halloween but I hope Channel 11 makes it a permanent part of its schedule and starts airing great movies overnight.

I am glad that Channel 11 is trying to bring back the focus on local programming and local news. WPIX.com is a start. Hopefully we will get to see a new 11 logo with an emphasis on WPIX and Channel 11 !

Not WB11, not CW11, no more on size fits all network clutter. I don't think network branding works well at the local level. It probably does better on a national format like sports events or network news programs.

Most people I know understand that the number is 11 when they change the channel and couldn't care less what CW or WB means. If they want to watch a certain program, they will check which channel it's on and change the channel. The program's success depends on its quality.

Channel 11 is bringing back the Chiller Theatre event this Saturday at 8pm. This is awesome. The "Chiller" mystery movie opening brings back alot of wonderful memories from this legendary station. It looks like it might be a temporary event for Halloween but I hope Channel 11 makes it a permanent part of its schedule and starts airing great movies overnight.

I am glad that Channel 11 is trying to bring back the focus on local programming and local news. WPIX.com is a start. Hopefully we will get to see a new 11 logo with an emphasis on WPIX and Channel 11 !

Not WB11, not CW11, no more on size fits all network clutter. I don't think network branding works well at the local level. It probably does better on a national format like sports events or network news programs.

Most people I know understand that the number is 11 when they change the channel and couldn't care less what CW or WB means. If they want to watch a certain program, they will check which channel it's on and change the channel. The program's success depends on its quality.

I agree with every word you said on that. There is really no more ways to explain this, you've said it all, lol. It really is exciting that Channel 11 is becoming more like the "11 Alive" era back in the 1980s. They need to bring that back, the CW does not have a mandate, so I don't see why they are trying to add all of that network jazz to their channel, ruining their quality, hopefully they'll return to their roots.

CHILLER THEATRE RETURNS TO WPIX

with A Special airing of “Tarantula” on October 25th

CHILLLLLLER THEATRE RETURNS FROM THE DEAD! For the first time in over 25 years, Chiller Theatre is back on WPIX with the presentation of the 1955 pulp horror classic Tarantula at 8 pm on Saturday, October 25th.

Zacherley “The Cool Ghoul” (John Zacherle) and former host of Chiller Theatre in New York on WPIX (1963) will resurrect his alter-ego and host WPIX’s October 25 special. Plus, the original opens: “The Six-Fingered Hand” and the “Monster Montage” along with Tarantula trivia will run as interstitials.

http://www.wpix.com/wpix_chiller_theatre

Archived