"NBC New York"

nynewsjunkie

I am indifferent about the new website for 4 NY. It looks sleek, no doubt, but it is kind of hard to navigate. I guess that I just have to get used to it.

To get to the talent bios you have to go all the way to the bottom and click on the very small "4 New York" link.

One observation is that they have alphabetized the biographies by last name. There are some exceptions.

Chuck is first and his picture and mini description are bigger than any others.

Sue comes in second place, but he bio is normal size.

Darlene takes the third slot.

Those three come up as the "examples" on the homepage. It looks like David got the shaft with this one because you can't find his name until you reach the bottom of the second page. Give the man slot 4- he works his butt off and does a quality job.

I agree, I don't really like it at all neither, it almost obscures the entire station, seems more like a magazine, and makes virtually no reference to WNBC, unless you look hard enough to find it...

On the Weather Channel this morning, when Your Weather Today came on, they showed a shot from the top of the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller Center, and it said it came from NBC New York.

Yep they've been doing that a lot lately, and using cameras from NBC's local stations for their live shots. Recently they had a shot of Downtown LA from KNBC... I don't see why they are giving courtesy to them though when they already own the channel, lol. NBC owns them now, so they might as well start.

Archived