Well this was pretty damned obvious...

WCAUTVNBC10

According to Laura Nachman, All that & more is getting bagged Monday.

http://lauranachman.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/all-that-and-no-more/

All I have to say is, one could see it coming. For one, when 10 went HD it started looking like a traditional newscast as it is. This just makes things official.

I agree. Glad to see ATAM gone. I can't wait until they get rid of "10!". Perhaps the chef hiring contest is a last straw to try to draw some ratings? They could easily replace it with the Bonnie Hunt Show that all the other NBC O&Os have (I believe it comes on at like 2am on 57 now).

I also like Jamison on with Tracy at 5pm. I think they should tweak their anchor lineup a bit:

6pm & 11pm: Tim Lake and Renee Chenault-Fattah (yes, we need Renee on at an early time again)

5pm & 10pm (on myphl17): NEW MALE and Tracy Davidson

4pm: Dawn Timmeney & Denise Nakano

Weekday Mornings: Jamison Uhler and Lori Wilson

Weekend Evenings: Terry Ruggles and Aditi Roy

Weekend Mornings: John Blunt and Lynn Berry

But with Jamison on at 5pm now, you could put the NEW MALE in the mornings, or leave Ruggles in the mornings and put NEW MALE on the weekend evenings. Also, I could easily see Lori at 4 with either Dawn or Denise, and the other in the mornings.

And while we are tweaking the lineups, can we please either get rid of or demote Hurricane? The guy is definitely knowledgable and knows his stuff, but his appearance and presentation is painful to watch. He stutters too much and seems as if he is nervous every time he goes on air. If we were to promote from within, I say give it to Michelle Grossman. If not her, than hire an out-of-towner. NBC10 made a big mistake when they let John Bolaris go, then let Kathy Orr go, then let Doug Kammerer go, and then failed not to try to rehire John Bolaris when he became available again.

Looks like they're keeping the All That and More name (at least for now) but it's now presented like a normal newscast.

They've rejiggered the open to get rid of the "With Tracy Davidson" bit.

Archived