NBC NN to become an hour?

Bucc

Do you think the evening newscasts should be an hour long?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the evening newscasts should be an hour long?

• Yes, with perhaps a local news update, the evening newscasts should be an hour!
    • NO, 30 minutes is fine, I want to watch Wheel of Fortune

Hate to say it, but in this economy I can see plenty of markets springing for this. The network provides NN for free (or at least it's part of the affiliation payments). Syndicated shows cost stations additional money, as does local news. And in this climate, saving money anywhere would be bound to be something stations would jump on.

I'd prefer another 30 minute newscast in primetime than a straight one-hour newscast (like the experiment with the CBS Evening News a little while ago). Just my two cents.

If Leno bombs at 9pm (CT, 10pm for you coasties), putting and expanded Nightly News in its place may very well be the back-up plan.

If NBC primetime continues to bomb, their contingency may very well be Nightly News and Leno.

Well, Jay himself jokingly said that his new show will be on after the 10th hour of "The Today Show". Maybe that could really happen...I can see it now: "Today, Tonight", or, "Today in Primetime"!

Or they could always have "Law & Order:_________". I just hope NBC won't tank so bad that they will turn in to MNTV, and have the same primetime lineup, consisting of two shows, five nights a week.

I think Dateline in primetime is enough. NBC NN should stay where it is and at the length it is.

Archived