My Own Market Research Study

newswatch

How many of you love sex, violence, and rock-n-roll?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you love sex, violence, and rock-n-roll?

• Love those pastimes
    • Hate those pastimes

I'm a Journalism Student at Pikes Peak Community College (Colorado Springs, CO).

I took a writing for radio and television class, and I learned something about market research: who the target audience is, why take part in a product or service, the advantages, the competitor's features and disadvantages, action steps.

I'm doing a market research study of my own: who the target demographic is, their way of living; how my reporting can appeal to that audience at their way of living.

How many of you love...

1) Sexual content - music videos, TV shows, movies and Playboy

2) Violence - cage-fighting/MMA, video games

3) Rock-n-roll - monster trucks, rebellious activities

Hard News reporting...

1) Science - global warming (stopping beaches from getting washed away

2) Business and Economy (jobs to afford cool things, which strengthen the economy at malls, ballparks, etc)

3) Legal and Law - fighting the system (you being a victim of getting thrown in jail from a crime you did not commit, while the real wrongdoer goes scot free)

4) Education - making education a lot more fun, rather than sleep-boring

I did a story about Recycling to fight global warming (Science) and make extra money to strengthen the economy (Business and Economy)

Click on hyperlink to read this example of hard news reporting:

http://www.newspeakblog.com/2008/12/from-brian-scoop-nemeth-recycling-the-real-stimulus-package-that-also-benefits-al-gores-fight/

How many of you love those pastimes, and how do you think my reporting (and the Newspeak example of it) appeals to your way of life?

Even though I love watching the news, weather and sports, and hope to in a few years be able to work in the broadcast weather department... I even my love for that out with movies/shows like Parental Control (I KNOW ITS FAKE) American Pie (I think that covers the sex part...lol) UFC, and some others when I get the time....

Archived