Otis Livingston on CBS2

cbs2idiots

Is he just filling in at the last second for Steve, maybe, or has he been hired?

Why are they hiring new people when they just dumped a bunch? Couldn't they have asked the known faces like Ducis to accept a pay cut instead of just dumping them completely?

Is he just filling in at the last second for Steve, maybe, or has he been hired?

Why are they hiring new people when they just dumped a bunch? Couldn't they have asked the known faces like Ducis to accept a pay cut instead of just dumping them completely?

I keep saying the same thing.

Maybe they did but refused to accept.

Dana Tyler welcomed him to the CBS2 News Team when he teased sports at 6. I'd say he was hired permanently.

So does that mean he's the lead sports anchor at WCBS, not Sam Ryan? I believe the original deal with Sam Ryan was that she had obligations to CBS sports, hence she could only do weekend anchor duties for WCBS.

I'd imagine SB's leaving couldn't have put CBS2 in a more worse position. Sam Ryan probably has extreme limited availability the next few weeks with her NCAA Tournament duties.

And with SB not available to do sports it essentially leaves them with ZERO sports anchors on-staff.

Time, perhaps, to call Wragge out of retirement?

• 3 weeks later...
Otis was co anchoring with Mary this AM.

On a side note Ira Joe Fisher was subbing for Lonnie on The Saturday Early Show.

Otis has really surprised me with the great job he's been doing as a news anchor. I might have said this in another thread but his style and personality seem similar to Steve's, but it's not like he's a copycat or anything. The station really lucked out that Otis was free when Steve freaked out. WNBC's loss is WCBS' gain.

And watching Ira Joe this morning was awesome... Reminded me of the "good ol' days" of CBS 2.

Archived