Paul Moyer Retiring (Confirmed)

CalItalian2

I don't live in the LA area, so I don't watch KNBC, but practally everything that I have heard or read about Paul Moyer is negative. He doesn't seem like the nicest person in the world and I don't want to judge because I don't really know him. Perhaps his nephew Micha Ohlman will replace him, but that would probably be a big blow to Chuck Henry.

I don't live in the LA area, so I don't watch KNBC, but practally everything that I have heard or read about Paul Moyer is negative. He doesn't seem like the nicest person in the world and I don't want to judge because I don't really know him. Perhaps his nephew Micha Ohlman will replace him, but that would probably be a big blow to Chuck Henry.

KNBC is really changing now, my only hope is they don't get rid of Bob Long. First they cut the weekend evening and midday news to a half-hour and replace the second half with informericals, then they move the Sunday Today in LA show to Digital Channel 4.2, what's next, could Colleen Williams, Chuck Henry, Fritz and Fred be given the heave ho as well as they too take in big bucks.

KNBC is really changing now, First they cut the weekend evening and midday news to a half-hour and replace the second half with informericals.

KNSD was hit hard a few months back on weekends. No More News for mornings...just the Today Show and the 6pm weekend news is just infomercials. If you want to watch News on NBC 7/39 on the weekends...you'll just have to wait til 11pm

Also on weekdays, ever since the Today Show was extended for another Hour. KNSD canceled its 10am show and now we have to watch an hour Deal or No Deal at 11am and infomercials at 11:30am.

I remember 2 years ago, KNSD tried moving its 10am Newscast to 11am but that lasted like a month and they went back to its 10am slot

After listening to the off-air blow-up between Moyer and Ann Martin, I lost a lot of respect for him. She seemed like such a class act, and I have a hard time believing that she was something completely different off camera.

That being said, it's still sad to see so many of these folks being pushed aside. Then again, there probably aren't many stations out there still using "People Make The Difference" as their slogan.

I wonder if KNBC will even give him a retirement, or is his current vacation going to be permanent, typically the rude ones don't get to go out in style.
If we are to believe the story that Colleen Williams read last night on the 11 PM, he will be back before he retires from KNBC.

Archived