WHDH Ditching Leno at 10PM, Running News Instead

TSSZNews

What was Channel 7 like as a CBS affiliate? Back then it was WNEV. I remember having WBZ on satellite when it was NBC and I remember they pre-empted a lot of NBC daytime shows including Another World and some other soaps. I wasn't surprised when NBC got a new affiliate in Boston, but I guess it was more due to the CBS/Group W Merger.

I will say until now, WHDH has pretty well carried all NBC programs, much more than WBZ did. What I don't understand is why won't they carry Jay Leno at 10pm on CW 56--which maybe unacceptable to NBC as well. Why is there a need to simulcast the newscast on both WHDH and WLVI? WHDH would cover the same area and beyond that WLVI does plus both stations are on cable and satellite in the region, so why air the newscast on both statons?

If Jay Leno doesn't work out and NBC doesn't replace it, then I could see WHDH deciding to air news instead or drop the show completely.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once upon a time, this page on WHDH.com held the announcement about 7News at 10pm, coming this fall to WHDH TV. Today, that page is gone. Likewise, they seem to have pulled all mention of it from their websites, and accounts on Facebook.

Perhaps Channel 7 is trying to climb down from this looming debacle?

http://www.c21media.net/news/detail.asp?area=1&article=48793

Archived