KMSP Fox 9: The next O&O to be in HD

mdotto9

They have been running teaser commercials for the last few days saying: "FOX 9 News HD. Coming Soon." The logo they use is like the WNYW or KTTV logo with the "HD" on the top.

I emailed the station and a source from KMSP said that the HD News broadcasts will be up and running in the next few weeks.

So stay tuned Minneapolis viewers! I personally think it's about time that another MSP station went to HD. Though, I thought for sure that WCCO would be the next one, but FOX 9 is just as good in my book!

WTTG has been HD for about 2.5 months.

Oops sorry, I didn't remember that happening. I don't know if it got mentioned in here or not.

Anyways, does any one know which O&O will be next after KMSP? Something tells me it's gotta be WFLD's turn soon.

Oops sorry, I didn't remember that happening. I don't know if it got mentioned in here or not.

Anyways, does any one know which O&O will be next after KMSP? Something tells me it's gotta be WFLD's turn soon.

WFLD was aiming for May. Sometime in June at the latest.

You mean WFXT Boston? WTXF Philadelphia has been in HD for quite some time.

WTXF has been in HD for a while now. However, they are still using the old Fox O&O graphics. I think he was saying is that they're about to convert to the new O&O graphics. I guess that was about to happen sooner or later. However, as someone pointed out, it's very customized (ie. the open).

Fox is going to a graphics hub so sadly there's going to be much less room for customization at WTXF. But yes, I was referring to the new graphics. WTXF was the first and for a time only O&O that was in HD, as a result of the total rebuild of the facilities that went on between 2004 and 2007.

At this point, though, they've customized the past look so much that it's basically it's own look.

• 3 weeks later...

I just came across former O&O KDVR, and decided to watch one of their newscast streams. Well, while watching I noticed they are now broadcasting in HD and using the FOX O&O HD graphics like WNYW, KTTV, WAGA, etc. So I guess even thought FOX is hubbing their graphics for their O&O, they aren't turning down opportunities to still allow their former properties use their product.

I just came across former O&O KDVR, and decided to watch one of their newscast streams. Well, while watching I noticed they are now broadcasting in HD and using the FOX O&O HD graphics like WNYW, KTTV, WAGA, etc. So I guess even thought FOX is hubbing their graphics for their O&O, they aren't turning down opportunities to still allow their former properties use their product.

Which means there's still hope for WITI to get a new set. :)

It kinda sucks to see KRIV go HD and not KDFW. I mean' date=' KXAS, WFAA, and KTVT beat them to it. Come on, 4![/quote']

Where have you been?

KDFW is already doing HD newscasts. I'm still waiting on WHBQ to do the same (though it's not likely to happen anytime soon).

It has just been confirmed that KMSP will debut their new HD news tomorrow night at 5PM! So KMSP beat out WCCO and KSTP! Good for them! : )

WCCO started their newscasts in HD last week, so they just beat out KMSP. Still, great news for FOX 9!

WCCO started their newscasts in HD last week, so they just beat out KMSP. Still, great news for FOX 9!

roscoryan,

WCCO is 16:9 SD. They still have some work to be done before they go HD. They have to install a new production switcher, work on the field cameras like editing, workflows, and they will be ready for HD news. Expect them to go HD in Mid September.

Archived