WVIT Finally Moving

qunewsguy

After 4 (yes four) years in construction, WVIT's finally promoting their move to their new facility (across the parking lot) on the air. They're going HD, and the promo ends with an "NBC Connecticut" logo that's similar to the NBC Bay Area logo. Should be interesting to see how things look.

Didn't it take so long to build because NBC halted construction on it? I am just hoping that this means that NBC will finally upgrade its last two remaining stations in the cluster to go HD (WRC, KNSD).

Didn't it take so long to build because NBC halted construction on it? I am just hoping that this means that NBC will finally upgrade its last two remaining stations in the cluster to go HD (WRC' date=' KNSD).[/quote']

makes me curious what KNSD will do to its Streetside Studio since its really cramped. By the time we see Susan Taylor's camera shot in HD, the screen will be so wide you will see Pat Brown working on the forecast models in the weather center.

It would be nice to see a desk instead of the side of it during closing shots or a 2 shot anchor angle with papers on top.

Since I drive by there all the time....and I have a friend who works there, I thought I would chime in. Its only been 18 months since they broke ground, fall 2007 to moving in over the next 3 weeks. How does that make 4 years of construction? Misinformed Quinnipiac person, get your facts right....why be negative?

WTIC shoots with HD cameras in the field, but won't be airing HD news until the move to the Courant at the END of the year. However, some segments within the 10pm newscast are in HD, like 'Daytrippers' and some 'Special Assignment' stories.

WFSB has started to experiment with HD cameras in the field, but is by no means shooting with HD cameras for everything.

WTNH is way behind the curve and will be the last to transition to HD.

Archived