KDKA-TV Getting New Set From FX

takingaction4you

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, these graphics would be nice... if they were just minor updates. I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this is how they look when they go HD. I wasn't looking for a GO or Hothaus update, but I was looking for a bigger change for the HD switch. Hopefully they'll dump KDKA Prime, because I know that they won't go back to the original tracks.

I'm on vacation until late June, so if anyone can upload some new HD stuff I'd really appreciate it.

looks very... plain. More like a mid-1990s set than a late-2000s one.

Also their treatment of the KDKA logo looks to be a mess - the weather podium has an Eurostile 2, the set wall has what looks like the KCBS 2...

Glad I'm not the only one here who is underwhelmed so far. I don't know what the set looked like before or how much an improvement this is supposed to be, but it looks dated.

I'll look forward to seeing it completed and hope that my opinion will change...

No sound till like 12:04-what a disaster! And its a good thing Stacy Smith was not there, I'm sure he would've made the whole thing worse with his constant messing-up of everything he says. :D

It doesn't sound like it was too smooth. Lets hope it is better for the evening shows. Is the open still the same? Also, does anybody have video from the debut? There are a few clips on kdka.com, but not much. The one thing I really like is the background. I can't wait to see the evening background, but it is probably basically the same thing that WTAE has.

Archived