KDKA-TV Getting New Set From FX

takingaction4you

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're the same with this and "Now in High Definition!" at the end.

Well, almost the same. They now feature that weird wobbling CBS eye that their fullscreens have had for about three years now.

My latest idea (shared with JV) is that perhaps they're holding off on any big changes, waiting on the WCVB lady to take the helm and hopefully, as new news directors often do, bring her own spice to the table.

We hope. Otherwise, yes. I hope KDKA gets flooded again. Sorry Jim, but that was a poor attempt.

I haven't been home in the Pittsburgh area for over a month (visiting relatives in the NYC area) and I haven't gotten to see KDKA in HD, but I noticed from Tyler's picture that weather graphics are still in 4:3. I read today on Jim Lokay's Twitter account that we could expect to see HD weather and traffic by the fall. It is my understanding that field video is still in 4:3 standard upgraded as well. Geez, WJAC in Market 101 already has 16:9 HD weather graphics and 16:9 field video (both studio and field is upconverted however - HD studio cameras are on the way). I'm a big KDKA fan, but weather graphics in 4:3 with sidebars doesn't look too good.

The time/temp bug bothers me to. It's really not what KDKA should be putting out there... Comic Sans is for the morning news in Wheeling, not Pittsburgh.

Also, do the HD sidebars bother anyone else except me? The white and blue sidebar is too distracting than the dark and neutral blues WTAE and WPXI use.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived