Mary Stoker Smith let co by CBS-3

TVNewsLover

Looks like Mary Stoker Smith has been let go by CBS-3 due to budget reasons. I really liked her as an anchor and am surprised that she was let go, considering there are much worse people at the station.

I remember a few months ago on this board there being a rumor that a weekend anchor's contract was not being renewed and that an anchor from Alaska was rumored to be coming to Phily to replace this person. Any idea if this was Mary they were talking about? Also, any idea who the Alaska anchor was?

Looks like Mary Stoker Smith has been let go by CBS-3 due to budget reasons. I really liked her as an anchor and am surprised that she was let go, considering there are much worse people at the station.

I remember a few months ago on this board there being a rumor that a weekend anchor's contract was not being renewed and that an anchor from Alaska was rumored to be coming to Phily to replace this person. Any idea if this was Mary they were talking about? Also, any idea who the Alaska anchor was?

Maybe 10 gets rid of one of their weekenders or regulars for her? possible?

In all seriousness,she was a great anchor..This economy sucks...

So the CBS3 revolving door continues to spin ... and Action News with its comparatively stable lineup (and IMO deteriorating content) remains the ratings winner.

Also: Mary joins a list of black women whom 3 has lost ... it stretches back nearly 10 years to Bev Williams.

Archived