Chris Wragge Is Out of His Mind...

TellyGenic

Chris is not only doing the 6 and 11 this week, he's also filling in for Harry Smith on the CBS Morning Show all week (as well as his usual Saturday morning gig).

TV NEWSER has a brief interview with him about his work ethic and the "crazy" schedule he's on this week:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cbs/chris_wragge_is_out_of_his_mind_125141.asp

But funnier than the interview are the comments following.....

Please to enjoy!

I personally think this man is out of his mind. I guess he doesn't have much of a life outside the news business, lol. And he most certainly will not have one for the next two weeks... But hey if he likes it, then I guess we can't complain... The ratings are working for him too, a lot of people in this business can only wish they were offered this much opportunity, he's a lucky man and everything is going just well. Now lets all wait see if he'll do something stupid to throw it all away, because how it usually ends up for many successful people...

And yet he always manages to look DAMN fine in his suits!

In spite of the fact that he is a snappy dresser and gorgeous...I think he does a great job as anchor and host...and screw anyone who doesn't agree! He can't help it that he is pretty...if it were a gorgeous woman no one would complain!

I think Wragge is one of the best, if not the best, local anchor in NYC. He's got wide-range, moving from sports to news, but also being very serious when the coverage dictates to throwing it back on the ES on the weekends.

I'd kill for his schedule right now, as would just about anybody. When the network calls, you DO NOT turn them down....ever! I think Wragge on a national level connects with viewers big time for the weekends and I'd think if Harry Smith left the weekday early show Wragge would have to be seriously considered to fill those shoes.

Now, somebody who does NOT translate well to mornings is Quinn....ugh!

I think Wragge is one of the best, if not the best, local anchor in NYC. He's got wide-range, moving from sports to news, but also being very serious when the coverage dictates to throwing it back on the ES on the weekends.

I'd kill for his schedule right now, as would just about anybody. When the network calls, you DO NOT turn them down....ever! I think Wragge on a national level connects with viewers big time for the weekends and I'd think if Harry Smith left the weekday early show Wragge would have to be seriously considered to fill those shoes.

Now, somebody who does NOT translate well to mornings is Quinn....ugh!

Agree. I wouldn't blame him in that regard, because let's face it. Something like this could be his ticket to getting promoted to the network crew full-time, and that may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I as well think that Chris Wragge is one of the best news anchors in NYC. He has really grown on me from his days as a sportscaster. I also think Kristine Johnson has gotten much better as well. I have found myself watching CBS 2 News at 11 more and more often than I would a few years ago.

As for Chris Wragge's work schedule, I think he is trying to show management at both WCBS and the network that he is a serious worker and an asset to the network.

Well even though he was on a weekday when more people are watching, Wragge could STILL not resist his compulsion to remove his tie for the last half hour of the show like he does on Saturdays...Dave Price even made a joke about it.

Well even though he was on a weekday when more people are watching, Wragge could STILL not resist his compulsion to remove his tie for the last half hour of the show like he does on Saturdays...Dave Price even made a joke about it.

HA! I saw that too, and actually thought of you when I saw that. Not a fan of that look, although if someone has to do it, I don't mind it being Wragge.

More on Chris - not only is he "out of his mind", but as the article goes on, he sounds a little "big for his britches"....

http://www.examiner.com/x-5468-NY-Media-Examiner~y2009m8d31-Chris-Wragge-of-WCBSTV-carves-out-niche-as-news-anchor

I wouldn't say that. Confident, yes? But I didn't sense anything more than that.

More on Chris - not only is he "out of his mind", but as the article goes on, he sounds a little "big for his britches"....

http://www.examiner.com/x-5468-NY-Media-Examiner~y2009m8d31-Chris-Wragge-of-WCBSTV-carves-out-niche-as-news-anchor

Speaking as an expert in fine men's tailored clothing, I can state that his pants fit just fine...in all the right places!

Archived