WISN updates open, promo graphics

Weeters

Very nice! I haven't been keeping up with H.A. lately... especially since they're not in my market. Is this part of a corporate wide upgrade? If so, nice work! A big improvement over the other Hearst stuff.

The endboard for the second promo as well as the L3/OTS/fullscreens (with the exception of the bumps) are all part of the "new" HA HD package that WTAE and the other HD HA stations have. The other promo graphics and the open appear to be from Hothaus (The "silhouette" promo and the open show this the most)

Very nice open. I always liked the WISN look. They care how they look on air.

I am still waiting for WGAL to get with it. Some of the teaser graphics for news and 10:30 update during Leno has some new elements, but WGAL is still behind. Don't even get me started on their set.

-- Matt

KOCO, the Hearst station in my market (Oklahoma City), has been using the exact same graphics package & music since 2005, & honestly all Hearst stations need to do like WISN & get Hothaus graphics & Gari's Hearst theme.

Yeah, WMUR could definitely use new graphics and music.

I love how WISN keep up an updated look as well.

It's ashame ABC 33/40 won't update their logo like WISN to the "globe" ABC logo for their newscast or regular news promos. They only have that "globe" ABC logo for network programming promos and a transparent version at the beginning shows after a break.

Very nice! I haven't been keeping up with H.A. lately... especially since they're not in my market. Is this part of a corporate wide upgrade? If so, nice work! A big improvement over the other Hearst stuff.

I'd say yes and no. WDSU unveiled a new opening back in mid-September, but they still use that crappy "Local Live Latebreaking" cut of the Hearst TV package.

Archived