ABC O&O Websites Get Refreshed Look

NewsJunkie247

'Tis the season for website redesigns. Who's next? ;)

I wish NBC O&O websites will put more of a focus on original, local news stories with more videos from the newscasts. I hardly ever visit NBCNewYork.com anymore. I don't know what NBC was thinking with that format.

Am I the only person who preferred the old look?

I liked its focus on video. That it had a big picture or video carousel as the dominating element. It's a television station, you should focus on the visual.

Now, granted - I do like the fact that it's easier to find news stories here. It's laid out like the old CNN.com a bit which I liked. So it's not like they went to a BAD design, just a... different one that focuses more on the news aspect.

Like I said, I prefer the old one but this ain't bad.

Now its like a blast to the past, lol. At first I didn't prefer the one they had before, but after viewing this I think what they had before is better than what they have now, lol. I agree with HulkieD I do like the video emphasis. Its not too bad though, I guess it'll just take a little bit of time for me to adjust to it...

Archived