Verizon FiOS

Vlad

Yesterday, I made the switch to FiOs. My friend who lives next door convinced me to switch to it. I'm the only one on my block who has Cablevision still, everyone else on the neighborhood is on FiOs. I saw the services that my friend had and it looks great the graphics and the UI is truly spectacular compared to Cablevision and it was truly the whole reason why I decided to switch, because the UI is so clunky and slow for cablevision that it was beyond my tastes and that its just horrible at best, its so slow and its terrible. So will I expect anything in the two years that I'm with them? Will I regret the switch? Did anyone here have Time Warner Cable or iO Digital Cable before switching the FiOs? If anyone has any insight, let me know! Thanks! :D They'll be installing the service for me on Monday June 28, sometime between 8:00am and 5:00pm.

-Vlad

We are just past two years with FiOS, coming from Cablevision, and have had no major issues or outages.

The HD Set Top Boxes UI is 100% faster then iO, switching channels takes about a half second.

There is a FiOS Store close by so adding or switching STB's is easy.

FiOS1 News is getting better and I'm sure eventually be on par with News12.

For news you will get CNN, CNN International, CNBC, CNBC World, BBC World News, FNC, FBN, HLN, MSNBC and ABC News Now.

I've had FiOS for a year now and it's great. I can't compare the UI to anything else but it's pretty good. No major complaints.

For news you will get CNN, CNN International, CNBC, CNBC World, BBC World News, FNC, FBN, HLN and ABC News Now.

Do you get MSNBC/MSNBC HD? MSNBC HD was added to my lineup a few months ago.

I had MSNBC the whole time I had FiOS, since my borough doesn't have Cablevision. I think everybody has it in HD now. I liked FiOS, especially its carriage of BBC World News. They have been slow to add new HD channels though. My parents dropped it about two weeks ago, not due to dissatisfaction, but to cost.

Yeah well I'll give it a try, honestly I'm truly satisfied with both companys because they offer similar deals and each of the companies have their own perks that its hard to pass either of them. I've been with Cablevision for the longest, we had them throughout the 90s and then we switch to DIRECTV in 2000 and then left them to join Cablevision once again in 2004, and we've been with them since, so I'm hoping the new era with Verizon FiOs will be just as satisfying.

Archived