Vicki Burns of WNBC to KNBC

NYNews

I wonder if this means were getting LX Los Angeles at 5pm.

Wouldn't be surprised. Ever wonder why all the Chuck, Colleen, Fritz & Fred commercials always advertise the 11pm news at the end. Never the 5pm news

I also wonder if "The Channel 4 News " will change its name to News 4 Los Angeles. You never know, while Vicki was in New York didn't the name change from Newschannel 4 to News 4 New York?

I wonder if this means were getting LX Los Angeles at 5pm.

Oh, man....I seriously hope that doesn't materialize! Only celebs and those who can afford a multi-million dollar house in Brentwood would be interested in programming of that sort!!

Oh, man....I seriously hope that doesn't materialize! Only celebs and those who can afford a multi-million dollar house in Brentwood would be interested in programming of that sort!!

I forgot to mention that the aforementioned house would be one with a sweeping panoramic view of LA in floor-to-ceiling windows, and TONS of square footage. Just an example.

What KNBC needs is stability, they can't even keep there mornings stable especially. I hope Kathy will help mornings. Alycia isn't exactly a ratings grabber.

What I hope Vicki will do is stability and hopefully go back to The Tower.

KNBC still has class left in them and I hope the'll be able to return to a high quality newscast.

What KNBC needs is stability, they can't even keep there mornings stable especially. I hope Kathy will help mornings. Alycia isn't exactly a ratings grabber.

KNBC still has class left in them and I hope the'll be able to return to a high quality newscast.

Stabilty is a great thing to work on with KNBC. Keep people where they do most excellently, and/or where they appear to be gaining solid experience and are flourishing.

Aside from that, I like the idea of The Tower coming back. In my honest opinion, Tower V. 3 would be excellent. The main themes from that package would work marvelously with their current open graphics...or maybe they could do some similar 3D stuff with scenic shots from the LA area. Whichever works best is totally okay with me.

Vickie is going there to gut the News Department, not to transform it into a high quality news operation.

Are you saying this because she did the same with WRC too? I thought it was just WNBC...

Are you saying this because she did the same with WRC too? I thought it was just WNBC...

Everything she touches, she destroys. Also, WMAQ during her days wasn't a walk in the park either.

Well you can tell Vicki started today, because this morning during the last 10 minutes of Today in LA, NBC4 actually covered the freeway car chase in El Monte this morning. For those of you who don't know NBC4 has had a long standing policy of not covering car chases (for the last couple of years) while Bob Long was News Director.

NBC4's coverage was pretty bad mainly because NBC4 has a chopper sharing agreement with Fox11's SKYFOX. So at one point while the chase was going through the streets of EL Monte and jumped back on the freeway for two - three minutes Kathy & Alicia had no idea which freeway they were on. " We don't know if this is the 60 fwy or the 10 fwy" There was a reporter on SKYFOX, Fox11's Gina Silva, but obviously she was reporting for her own station. So NBC4 couldn't talk to the SKYFOX pilot while all of this was happening

According to a report on cbs2.com, the second freeway that the suspect fled on as part of the chase is the 10 freeway. He then continued to lead police on the chase, and caused quite the traffic nightmare into West Covina, where it caused a massive backup at Holt Boulevard on the east side of town. It was after this that the suspect was apprehended.

• 2 weeks later...
It's been a week or so, and I've been out of town for the most of it, so has anyone noticed any other changes at NBC 4 courtesy of the new news director?

Yeah. I, for one, have noticed that NBC 4 has started showing the time and temp below their logo on all their newscasts (yep, including the 11 PM one). The used to only show the time and temp on Today in L.A. and on their now-canceled 11 AM newscast.

I think this has actually become a trend on L.A. news. The CBS 2/KCAL 9 duop has had this practice for quite a while now, as have KTLA 5 and KMEX (Univision) 34. The only ones left that only show the time and temp on their morning newscasts are ABC 7 and Fox 11.

hahahahahaha.. That is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Knowing people that have worked for Vicki, her job/purpose is simple: firing people and cutting costs. Anyone that works for an NBC O&O nowdays (especially ones that are managed by "company people" like Vicki) knows that quality isn't the company's #1 priority anymore. It's doing everything as cheap as possible and with the least amount of people as possible. NBC is fine with their O&O's being in the #2 or even #3 spot as long as they cut the costs and/or people to make up for it.

Vicki is doing what she's being sent out by NBC to do. She isn't going to lose her job with the company. Once she's done there, she'll be shipped off to another O&O, or heck, even promoted.

I'ts a damn shame that that's all we can think of when it comes to this news director. However, is this not the sad state of a goodly deal of other things in this deplorable situation the economy is in....

If she can do all that damage as News Director, I don't want to imagine what she can do as President/General Manager of one of the O&O's.

Actually, the Presidents/GM's are the nicer/friendlier ones. The ND's are the ones that do much of the "damage" and do all of the "dirty work".

Archived