WFOR adopts O&O graphics

WCX-TV

I was just told tonight that someone (or 2 people possibly) has been bombarding the e-mail boxes of a few certain CBS O&O's the past few days saying how awful the new O&O graphics are, and saying things like, "Your station had such a wonderful look and now you dump it for this garbage". Some of the messages are upper management/CBS bashing too. The e-mails are coming from 2 different IP #'s so that's why I'm saying that it could be one person using 2 different computers or 2 people.

I'm just hoping this isn't coming from any member here at TVNT..

Here's a question: if KOVR switches to the O&O package, will they switch to the updated Pride Collection cut, stay with the original cut, or move to the Enforcer package?

I hope they just keep the cut they have. TVNewsRI resynced the KCNC open with KOVR's cut of the Pride Collection, and it actually works really well.

I was just told tonight that someone (or 2 people possibly) has been bombarding the e-mail boxes of a few certain CBS O&O's the past few days saying how awful the new O&O graphics are, and saying things like, "Your station had such a wonderful look and now you dump it for this garbage".

And while I don't share the view, this is why a lot of creative services people don't like the Internet, or even think that graphics don't matter...

I was just told tonight that someone (or 2 people possibly) has been bombarding the e-mail boxes of a few certain CBS O&O's the past few days saying how awful the new O&O graphics are, and saying things like, "Your station had such a wonderful look and now you dump it for this garbage". Some of the messages are upper management/CBS bashing too. The e-mails are coming from 2 different IP #'s so that's why I'm saying that it could be one person using 2 different computers or 2 people.

I'm just hoping this isn't coming from any member here at TVNT..

That's... disturbing, to say the least.

For the record: Those e-mails are never taken to seriously. Ever. Especially if upper management likes how things are going (which they seem to in this case).

They're just graphics, it's ridiculous how some of the members on here take the image of a local television station seriously enough to write things like that. If you don't like it, don't watch. It's not the end of the world when your CBS affiliate changed how it's supers and opens looked. SMH.

I'm just surprised that some of these O&O's would opt to have a standardized graphics package, considering CBS's high rated shows. I'm guessing that the economy is why the stations are using these graphics, just and effort to squeeze pennies. Do you think the Disney/ABC O&O's could possibly have a standardized graphics package in the future?

I'm just surprised that some of these O&O's would opt to have a standardized graphics package, considering CBS's high rated shows. I'm guessing that the economy is why the stations are using these graphics, just and effort to squeeze pennies. Do you think the Disney/ABC O&O's could possibly have a standardized graphics package in the future?

Maybe it's the fact that it requires less effort to have a standardized package? High ratings have nothing to do with anything-it's simply to increase the bottom line, a perfectly reasonable move to be honest.

Remember when the trend started 6 years ago and it was all a shock. If it equates to using the efforts of personnel at the station somewhere else than yes its reasonable. What it seems with the CBS graphic standardization is that it seems cut and paste. Thats not exactly a bad thing, just something I have seen. But at the same time, not all CBS O&O's will get the transformation. Only because you still have KDKA, WJZ, KYW, KPIX, and WBZ all Group "W" stations that has had community connections with their identity for the longest time. WBZ has really reinvented itself after trying to go the CBS mandate route and the other stations have been strong. But graphical representations of a stations newscast is really only a small bit. A station is a community interface to deliver entertainment and information among a broad spectrum of people. Graphics, music, and sets bring forth branding but in the end, you can have a station without fancy graphics, fancy and frentic music, and a hd set and still do the same job as one that has everything. As long as they bring you the information of the community that they serve, than they've done their job. Plain and simple

• 1 month later...
KOVR in Sacramento has adopted the package.

It's about damn time.. Wonder what took them so long. Interesting to hear they kept the Pride Collection package. I personally don't care for the Pride Collection package but whatever floats their boat, I guess..

Archived